• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GCR Diesel Gubbins This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phoenix

Established Member
Whose coming out for it then?

Steam heat provided on main set, locos are 27056, 33116 and 45125 plus expected kettle is 78019.

Ill be about both days.

Im there and will probs be stoating around the type 2 and 3.
If ya recognise me just come over for a chat.

AlexS

Established Member
I should be handily positioned in the brake van of the 1015, 1215, 1415 and 1600 services, and providing patronage to the beerex!

My good colleague will be working the 1215 and the outward part of the the 1415 so he doesn't get bored though bless him :lol:

class 313

Established Member
Whose coming out for it then?

Steam heat provided on main set, locos are 27056, 33116 and 45125 plus expected kettle is 78019.

Ill be about both days.

Was going to go, to see what 314/190 was like. But it seems to be frozen. ;)

Established Member
Probably be about Saturday afternoon, was planning to do both days but the roster has gone a bit wrong for that.

Established Member
Was going to do all day both days but not going at all now, wonder why that is then???

Enjoy the 16 wheeled wagon Mr R!

Established Member
Was going to do all day both days but not going at all now, wonder why that is then???

Enjoy the 16 wheeled wagon Mr R!
Its called class swapping, and its fun.

Shall be sticking to eight wheeled engines, might do the peak to see if the genny van makes more noise...!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I should be handily positioned in the brake van of the 1015, 1215, 1415 and 1600 services, and providing patronage to the beerex!

My good colleague will be working the 1215 and the outward part of the the 1415 so he doesn't get bored though bless him :lol:
Colleague? I could quite easily rephrase that. <D

theblackwatch

Established Member
An enjoyable little event, if not rather cold due to a rather erratic steam heat van which appeared to pack up totally during the afternoon! Thanks to those of you who helped put on the gala. The event, whilst not wedged, seemed to be reasonably well attended, including 4 of the forum 'staff' and several other members. Anyone going tomorrow, I suggest you wear some warm clothes!

Galvanize

Was nice to meet you Blackwatch, and everyone else who i may of said hello to or spent most of the day with!

I thought it was quite good, socially as I had met several people that I had not seen in person for over a year. But the farce at the beginning of the day made me think "oh it's just gonna be one of those days!"

There was possibly a 5872 sighting, was it you Fred? :p

A shame the 27 and the 33 which I had come for (had the 37 of not been pulled from the lineup due to the problems surrounding it i'd of gone for that!), were not thrashed that much :( The Genny Van looked champion, as it was initially doing a half-good job of keeping half the train warm!

Finally managed to thaw out on the 222 on the way back to London, nice relief too the buffet was selling all their hot food for half price :D

Last edited:

EE Type 3

Established Member
Was nice to meet you Blackwatch, and everyone else who i may of said hello to or spent most of the day with!

I thought it was quite good, socially as I had met several people that I had not seen in person for over a year. But the farce at the beginning of the day made me think "oh it's just gonna be one of those days!"

There was possibly a 5872 sighting, was it you Fred? :p

A shame the 27 and the 33 which I had come for (had the 37 of not been pulled from the lineup due to the problems surrounding it i'd of gone for that!), were not thrashed that much :( The Genny Van looked champion, as it was initially doing a half-good job of keeping half the train warm!

Finally managed to thaw out on the 222 on the way back to London, nice relief too the buffet was selling all their hot food for half price :d

Can't have been him, does Freddie even venture away from juice land? :shock: :lol:

Sounds like you had a good day, I was tempted to call in for a bit but the weather got the better of me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.