• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GCR - Massive Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

Great! The one time I'm away in my new post a damn argument breaks out. I shalln't post much since it's a 'locked' thread and all.

Perhaps the GCR is making a loss, but I think the BBC/GCR would tell us that, and why haven't other Magazines told us this. Last year or so, the GCR was in debt, and thanks to BBC advertising the fact, many donations were given and the Railway came out of such debt. Basically, I recommend to stop people getting carried away and jumping the gun...Always check your facts properly before posting, I personally recommend you check in other Magazines/Websites to check the news is legit.

For the record, all Preserved Railways are run by hardworking, enthuiastic volunteers, some people may be friendly, some may not. It all depends on that persons confidence/enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.