• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I'll take it if I may ......

What happened on these dates?

7th August 1914; 10th March 1915; 21st February 1916; 26th March 1917; 27th May 1918

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I'll take it if I may ......

What happened on these dates?

7th August 1914; 10th March 1915; 21st February 1916; 26th March 1917; 27th May 1918

First British troops land in France

Start of the Battle of Neuve Chapelle

Start of the Battle of Verdun

The Third Battle of the Aisne

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
First British troops land in France
Start of the Battle of Neuve Chapelle
Start of the Battle of Verdun
The Third Battle of the Aisne

Yes, you have three right, Neuve-Chapelle, Verdun and Aisne, well done.

Any have any guesses for 7th August 1914 and 26th March 1917?

Phil.

Established Member
Yes, you have three right, Neuve-Chapelle, Verdun and Aisne, well done.

Any have any guesses for 7th August 1914 and 26th March 1917?

Wasn't the 7th August a Germany v France battle? I used to have a mental list of things on that date as it was my first wife's birthday - not 1914 though.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Wasn't the 7th August a Germany v France battle? I used to have a mental list of things on that date as it was my first wife's birthday - not 1914 though.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but as t_star2001uk has got it completely right, I'll have to give it to him - sorry.

7th August 1914 - Battle of the Frontiers

Correct, well done!

As he got three out of the five, I'm going to award the history medal to HMS Ark Royal, who can set us a new question.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
As he got three out of the five, I'm going to award the history medal to HMS Ark Royal, who can set us a new question.

Thank you...

In the series finale and final episode of Battlestar Galactica, the character "Hotdog" is in a hallway and speaks to the Admiral and then later walks past him on the Hanger Deck - what is significant about these two scenes?

TheEdge

Established Member
Did the entire cast break the fourth wall and tell the audience it was time to go outside and embrace the real world?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Did the entire cast break the fourth wall and tell the audience it was time to go outside and embrace the real world?

No... Its something about those two characters in the show that, given their relationship, is amusing

Try again

DaleCooper

Established Member
When the admiral claimed to have encountered a walking, talking fast food item the captain decided it was time to take control and the admiral was teleported to "The Happy Duck Rest Planet for the Terminally Bewildered".

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
When the admiral claimed to have encountered a walking, talking fast food item the captain decided it was time to take control and the admiral was teleported to "The Happy Duck Rest Planet for the Terminally Bewildered".

No, Dale, that is not it either... You know, you are supposed to take this seriously *shakes head*

Try again

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
That's ok for search engine mechanics like yourself but it's no help to me; I haven't got internet.

I'll just make a wild guess. Were they mother and daughter?

Wrong gender and not, at least in the show

Ewww, its not something to do with the most disturbing type of fan-fiction is it? :shock:

No

They are the same person?

Interesting answer - no

Dale is, surprisingly, very close to the mark

TheEdge

Established Member
Were they father and son?

Or aunt and niece, or uncle and nephew. Or any other combination of intergalactic breeding...

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Were they father and son?

Or aunt and niece, or uncle and nephew. Or any other combination of intergalactic breeding...

Close enough, I think - the actors are, in real life, father and son, spent four years working on the show together and yet those two scenes were the only times they appeared on camera together. The only talk twice - once in the hallway scene and then over the wireless comms after the final battle

The deck is yours, Captain TheEdge

DaleCooper

Established Member
Sea areas around Canada? (Just letting my imagination run wild)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Alternatively - Streets in Norwich?

TheEdge

Established Member
Its been 24 hours and no-one is really close at all. But me123 is the closest, but still a long way off.