• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

perryman

In that case the only other thing I can think of at Runnymede would be the Magna Carta.
And you would be correct. The Magna Carta Memorial at Runnymede, designed by Sir Edward Maufe, paid for by the ABA.

You can be King John. Good luck with that.

perryman

Hey @perryman welcome to the forum in that these are your first 2 posts even though you have been registered since 2016.
It's very strange as I've posted loads (relatively speaking) mainly on other posts within the Quizzes & Games fora but my message count doesn't increase. No idea why but thank you for the welcome.

Jona26

Staying on the theme of monuments...

There is a monument in Vancouver, Canada beside the Maritime Museum in Vanier Park that has a UK "twin." What type of monument is it and where in the UK would you find it's twin?

MotCO

Established Member
It's very strange as I've posted loads (relatively speaking) mainly on other posts within the Quizzes & Games fora but my message count doesn't increase. No idea why but thank you for the welcome.

The message count does not increase for any postings in Quizzes and Games; only postings to discussions count. There must be a reason for that, but I can't recall what it is.

MotCO

Established Member
Staying on the theme of monuments...

There is a monument in Vancouver, Canada beside the Maritime Museum in Vanier Park that has a UK "twin." What type of monument is it and where in the UK would you find it's twin?

Is it a war memorial similar to that at the National Arboretum in Staffordshire?

xotGD

Established Member
Is it a statue of Captain Vancouver? In the UK there is one in King's Lynn (his home town).

xotGD

Established Member
This park used to be a First Nation site, so is it to do with First Nation culture? A Totem Pole?

Calthrop

Established Member
Gift to Her Maj., and close to Runnymede: at Windsor Castle or in the purlieus thereof?

Jona26

Gift to Her Maj., and close to Runnymede: at Windsor Castle or in the purlieus thereof?

Close enough - it's by Virginia Water Lake which is part of Windsor Great Park.

Presented to mark the centenary of the founding of British Columbia.

As @xotGD established it is a totem pole and @Calthrop the location I'll let you decide between the two of you who has the next question...

Calthrop

Established Member
@xotGD: you got the totem pole -- my response, was to what had become a "dead giveaway" or all-but: please, you take the floor.