• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
I got there in the end.

Sport: Which English town or city used to have a football league team called Ironopolis?

Jimbob52

Thanks.

What is the connection between
the film "Paint Your Wagon"
one of the top instrumental groups of the 1960s
the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ?
A member of the instrumental group 'The Shadows' was Hank Marvin.

The only song I can remember from 'Paint Your Wagon' was a dirge called 'I Was Born Under a Wandering Star' made into a dreadful record by Lee Marvin.

As regards 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' I recall 'Arthur Dent' and 'Ford Prefect'. Was one of the other characters was called 'Marvin' ?

martinsh

Established Member
A member of the instrumental group 'The Shadows' was Hank Marvin.

The only song I can remember from 'Paint Your Wagon' was a dirge called 'I Was Born Under a Wandering Star' made into a dreadful record by Lee Marvin.

As regards 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' I recall 'Arthur Dent' and 'Ford Prefect'. Was one of the other characters was called 'Marvin' ?
You've got it ! Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy featured "Marvin the Paranoid Android"

Jimbob52

'The Paranoid Android' - wonderful!

Here's an easy one to be going on with:

In November 1963, President Johnson established a Commission to investigate and report on the circumstances surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy. The Commission Chairman was US Chief Justice, Earl Warren and there were six other members.

Which of these members later became US President?

Spamcan81

'The Paranoid Android' - wonderful!

Here's an easy one to be going on with:

In November 1963, President Johnson established a Commission to investigate and report on the circumstances surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy. The Commission Chairman was US Chief Justice, Earl Warren and there were six other members.

Which of these members later became US President?

I know this one. It's Gerald Ford.

341o2

Established Member
At your local library
Classification of books

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
One in the natural-history department. Great Britain has -- of a part of a particular zoological family -- three different native species: well-known and well-loved generally, not only by learned naturalists. These do not, however, occur at all in Ireland. (Snakes are not involved here.)

What creatures are being referred to here? And please name the three species (ordinary English names will do fine -- naturalists' Latin not required).

I'm thinking of one specific set of creatures; but if other answers which meet the question's criteria, show up earlier -- "first past the post, wins".

Calthrop

Established Member
No: the three are all in the same class of vertebrates -- and all in one part of one particular family in that class.