• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

If I remember the lyrics right, his father works for fourteen hours and barely gets a dollar.

So if he has to pay 40 cents for the call and 50 cents for the room, it leaves him with 10 cents.

MotCO

Established Member
If I remember the lyrics right, his father works for fourteen hours and barely gets a dollar.

So if he has to pay 40 cents for the call and 50 cents for the room, it leaves him with 10 cents.

Is the right answer. Several respondents contributed to the answer, but I think @martinsh got most of it so I'll invite him to take the floor.

martinsh

Established Member
Thank You.

Stay on the song lyrics theme, but switching from monetary matters to Geography.

The song "Willin" by Little Feat contains the lines

"I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonopah..."

In which US states are these four places ? [ And as a small clue, they are 4 different states]

Thank you @martinsh ,

Please name all the James Bond films whose theme song DIDNT match the film title ? (Clue : There are more than 5 films).

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
"From Russia With Love" possibly (the Matt Monro song was played over the closing titles, so perhaps there would have been a different theme song at the start of that particular film). :s

SteveM70

Established Member
The theme from The Spy Who Loved Me was Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon.

krus_aragon

Established Member
Octopussy didn't have a matching song, for probably obvious reasons. (Did it have "Nobody does it better" instead? -Edit - no, the above post pre-emptively corrected me on that. )

Octopussy didn't have a matching song, for probably obvious reasons. (Did it have "Nobody does it better" instead? -Edit - no, the above post pre-emptively corrected me on that. )
You are correct, it was Rita Coolidge with All Time High.

xotGD

Established Member
One film has an instrumental track as the theme tune. On Her Majesty's Secret Service?

One film has an instrumental track as the theme tune. On Her Majesty's Secret Service?
It does but not On Her Majesty's secret service which was Louis Armstrong We have all the time in the World.

The instrumental was on Dr No which has already been guessed.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member

It does but not On Her Majesty's secret service which was Louis Armstrong We have all the time in the World.
Think the Louis Armstrong track was the secondary theme on that particular film, and the main (opening titles) theme was indeed an instrumental, composed by John Barry.

341o2

Established Member
Maybe a bit pedantic, but as mentioned Dr. No has the James Bond theme as its title, while OHMSS is instrumental and only used in that film.
From Russia with love is instrumental as its title theme, Matt Munro adds the lyrics at the end.
While Nobody does it better is not the same title as the Spy who Loved me, it does contain the words
"Like heaven above me, the spy who loved me is keeping all my secrets safe tonight"

Maybe a bit pedantic, but as mentioned Dr. No has the James Bond theme as its title, while OHMSS is instrumental and only used in that film.
From Russia with love is instrumental as its title theme, Matt Munro adds the lyrics at the end.
While Nobody does it better is not the same title as the Spy who Loved me, it does contain the words
"Like heaven above me, the spy who loved me is keeping all my secrets safe tonight"
I understand what you are saying, however the question set was Which Bond films didn't have the film title in the theme song,
Nobody does it Better is the title of the song for The Spy who loved me, yes the film is in the lyrics but its not the song title.
Interestingly Dr No also has the song Three Blind Mice credited but it was known as The Kingston Calypso.

Re Bond films where the opening song doesn't match the film title :

There is 1 film left to find, you have already correctly found the other 6 films.