Getting Lists

Discussion in 'Trip Planning & Reports' started by MOrganHC, 24 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOrganHC

MOrganHC New Member

Hi

I need a little help. I am an old (ish) lady who used to collect numbers about 50 years ago, but then stopped as I moved on to other things, but never lost my interest in trains.

I now not only have a husband who shares everything in live with me, but am a grandmother who is always looking for ways to enhance her grandchildren's time when spent with me. One of whom is a grandson who loves trains and is now 5.

I had never heard of the books containing the information about the numbers for trains, truck, wagons etc until recently when we had someone come ans stay with us.

These books and their information is fantastic, but I was wondering if there is anywhere I can download perhaps a page at a time so we can visit a station with our grandson until he is old enough to understand the way of collecting as well as to travel by himself.

I look forward to any replys, and constructive critism I may receive.

Thank you

Morgan ( as in Le Fay :D )

Last edited: 24 May 2015
  2. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Hi Morgan, try AB Rail for starters which has full lists of DMUs, EMUs etc.
    http://www.abrail.co.uk/

The forum here is very helpful, no such thing as a stupid question :)

Last edited: 24 May 2015
  3. 37038

37038 Member

Or just the classic Platform 5 / NREA handbooks which can be bought online or from shops

4. Condor7

Condor7 Member

Hello Morgan,

I think the advice for Abrail above will do what you want, but if you wanted to invest in a loco book which makes a nice present, then the cheapest (but still very good) is this at £9:95p http://www.nrea.org.uk/products.html

5. Techniquest

Techniquest Veteran Member

As a long-time user of the NREA spotters books, I can vouch for their value and would recommend getting one if your grandson develops a liking for it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.