• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting new railcard added to Oyster at Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Euston mainline station that I can get a recently issued replacement Senior railcard added to my Oyster? Or Euston Underground station if the main station can't do this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tarq

Ask a member of staff in the tube station (Euston or Euston Square) and they will add it for you using a ticket machine.

trainophile

Established Member
Thank you, that's good to know. We'll be at Euston Square to commence our journey so will try there. I seem to remember there's not many staff around, and if there's only one or two and they are on the gateline I hope they can spare the time to sort me out!

danm14

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Euston mainline station that I can get a recently issued replacement Senior railcard added to my Oyster? Or Euston Underground station if the main station can't do this?
I have never had any issues getting a Railcard discount added to an Oyster card at Euston Underground station.

You refer to a "replacement" Railcard, though. If this is a replacement for a lost/damaged Railcard which was previously added, the discount flag on the Oyster card will still be there, and will still be valid provided the number of the Railcard has not changed. The number does not change with an online renewal, however I am unsure what happens with replacements or Railcards issued at stations.

trainophile

Established Member
I have never had any issues getting a Railcard discount added to an Oyster card at Euston Underground station.

You refer to a "replacement" Railcard, though. If this is a replacement for a lost/damaged Railcard which was previously added, the discount flag on the Oyster card will still be there, and will still be valid provided the number of the Railcard has not changed. The number does not change with an online renewal, however I am unsure what happens with replacements or Railcards issued at stations.

Sorry I should have worded it better, it's a renewal as my previous 3-year one expired.

Sorry I should have worded it better, it's a renewal as my previous 3-year one expired.
Make sure the new one is valid no more than 3 yrs 0 days - online purchases are valid 3 yrs 6 days but Oyster will reject them for invalid expiry. And TFL staff I encountered refused to use an earlier date.

njr001

I’ve never had a problem with a card valid more than three years the CSA has just made the expiry three years then after a week or so I have got the expiry date amended to match that of the railcard

I’ve never had a problem with a card valid more than three years the CSA has just made the expiry three years then after a week or so I have got the expiry date amended to match that of the railcard
I requested this specific solution to an otherwise very helpful TFL staff member at Waterloo - he refused, saying that he could be disciplined if he adjusted the expiry date.

trainophile

Established Member
Funnily enough I did try to get it added to my Oyster at Kings Cross in the overlap period before my new one's start date, as I had already received it and started using it, which I understood was permitted. However it wouldn't work at the machine, and the guy said it was because of the date on the railcard, and to come back after the start date on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.