• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ghost CEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 375 King

I have seen on another site someone stated that a ghostly CEP was sometimes seen running late at night at Marden, no driver but passengers, could this whole 'ghost train' concept hold water or has someone simply observed the 'Friday only after the pub shut service', incidently in the 1960s a CEP was destroyed at Marden and its driver sadly died.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DXMachina

Sounds a bit like the ghostly AEC RT double-decker bus that careers along Oxford St (London) late at night then vanishes at the point where the German bomb obliterated it near Regents' St. A story everyone's heard of but nobody's seen for themselves.

route:oxford

Established Member
I have seen on another site someone stated that a ghostly CEP was sometimes seen running late at night at Marden, no driver but passengers, could this whole 'ghost train' concept hold water or has someone simply observed the 'Friday only after the pub shut service', incidently in the 1960s a CEP was destroyed at Marden and its driver sadly died.

Probably a misunderstanding that has escalated over the years.

The person originally said.

"I saw one of those ghastly CEPs running late last night."

tsr

Established Member
Ah, yes. Due to cost-cutting, a few members of staff have literally been axed by Southeastern, who thus now operate some services under Ghost-Only Operation (GOO). I'm afraid I forgot to post the thread about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.