• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow -Ayr Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have the joy of travelling this line ? For last few weeks I have gotten the 9:15 from Johnstone to Troon......... last 4 weeks,every week the toilet is out of order on the train . Also train yesterday must have been doing about 20 mph was 10 mins late. No explaination

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CarterUSM

Established Member
Anyone else have the joy of travelling this line ? For last few weeks I have gotten the 9:15 from Johnstone to Troon......... last 4 weeks,every week the toilet is out of order on the train . Also train yesterday must have been doing about 20 mph was 10 mins late. No explaination

334 by any chance, toilets are notorious for isolating themselves. There is also the possibility of them not getting tanked at the depot, perhaps due to diagram issues. Don't know anything about the delay issue though. Also, many of the drivers fail to make announcements anyway.

Maybe it was stuck behind a coal train that was stuck behind a stopping service?? I do think its funny when a Guard goes into the jargon of what a hold up is for and half the folk won't understand what he is on about, but sometimes its not worth it.

334 by any chance, toilets are notorious for isolating themselves. There is also the possibility of them not getting tanked at the depot, perhaps due to diagram issues. Don't know anything about the delay issue though.

yes i believe its a 334 thats the new ones they introduced a few years ago ,i use the line alot, and to be honest i reckon 50% of them are out of use, we are supposed to get 380 version soon ?

TGV

I used it for 3 years when a student in Glasgow but in those days (1995-1998) it was the tail-end of BR and the start of privatisation and it was all 318's and i rarely had any problem.

CarterUSM

Established Member
yes i believe its a 334 thats the new ones they introduced a few years ago ,i use the line alot, and to be honest i reckon 50% of them are out of use, we are supposed to get 380 version soon ?

Yes, soon i believe, don't know if the toilets will be any better, but they shouldn't be any worse! Driver, still won't make announcements though!

Maybe it was stuck behind a coal train that was stuck behind a stopping service?? I do think its funny when a Guard goes into the jargon of what a hold up is for and half the folk won't understand what he is on about, but sometimes its not worth it.

there was no coal train as was at platform from 9am onwards
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I used it for 3 years when a student in Glasgow but in those days (1995-1998) it was the tail-end of BR and the start of privatisation and it was all 318's and i rarely had any problem.

the 318's are ok, and agree usually little problem with them

4SRKT

Established Member
I used to use it several times a year when I was a student in Northern Ireland. It was 318s and I never had anything other than reliability then.

Status
Not open for further replies.