• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow-Ayr services

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snowball

Established Member
Donald Stirling, who I think is on here, has posted an excellent set of pictures from today HERE. They appear to be making great progress.
If you haven't done so, it's worth clicking on until you come to I think the 15th picture - the statue of the soldier on the war memorial apparently watching the demolition.

Strathclyder

Established Member
I’d imagine it’ll take a while to get things moving back to Stranraer after the line reopens, because by now surely crew competency and knowledge on the route would’ve lapsed?
If it hasn't already, it certainly will have by the time the works are finished and the infrastructure in/around the station is sorted out. August/September for the Ayr-Stranraer line seeing another passenger train is honestly being a tad generous, given how the dates for the completion of the Ayr demo works have (unsurprisingly) continued to slip further and further back. October seems more likely to me before the pre-fire service levels is restored.