• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

glasgow - paisley 3rd tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The 4-track section required additional earthworks, presumably because modern clearance standards had to be applied, so I suspect the answer is no.

The impression I got when I last travelled the route (before the work was finished) confirms that, but someone on the forum will be better informed.

kylemore

For most of the section the third track appears to be right in the middle of where the two middle tracks were before electrification in the 1960s so I think the answer is no.

Last edited:

NotATrainspott

Established Member
I imagine it would be a more preferable solution to redouble and reconnect the Paisley Canal route rather than four-tracking the main one.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I imagine it would be a more preferable solution to redouble and reconnect the Paisley Canal route rather than four-tracking the main one.......
.......and extend to Kilmacolm.

The Man from Kilmacolm
A man (played by Greg Hemphill) who would break cultural taboos or do something very anti-social. When challenged or criticized, he then explains away his actions by just saying "I'm from Kilmacolm", which would immediately win understanding of his superiority from everyone around him.

kylemore

I imagine it would be a more preferable solution to redouble and reconnect the Paisley Canal route rather than four-tracking the main one.

Also ensuring no need for bustitution during engineering works between Paisley and Glasgow.

Even better re-open the line down the west side of the Garnock valley with the flyovers at Dalry and the direct line from there to Kilmarnock - now that would really give Ayrshire a network for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.