• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Queen St. to Singer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu

Is it possible to travel from GLQ to SIN by taking the west highland service to DMR then go from DMR to SIN (and the same in the other direction). A few guards have said that it's not possible but the scotrail app and train line both show this as a valid route.

I've booked an advance ticket from SIN to DEE and I have two seat reservations one for GLQ to DEE and another from DMR to GLQ

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Is it possible to travel from GLQ to SIN by taking the west highland service to DMR then go from DMR to SIN (and the same in the other direction). A few guards have said that it's not possible but the scotrail app and train line both show this as a valid route.

I've booked an advance ticket from SIN to DEE and I have two seat reservations one for GLQ to DEE and another from DMR to GLQ

If you have an advance ticket then you MUST travel on the service you have reservations for.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Not everyone knows what these abbreviations mean - please state the station full name.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It is quite possible that routeing via Dalmuir may not be permitted when travelling between Glasgow & Singer but permitted when travelling between Dundee & Singer.

In any case "advance" fares have their own rules that in some cases override the routeing guide so as stated above just follow the given itinerary for your trip and all will be well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mathieu

It is quite possible that routeing via Dalmuir may not be permitted when travelling between Glasgow & Singer but permitted when travelling between Dundee & Singer.

In any case "advance" fares have their own rules that in some cases override the routeing guide so as stated above just follow the given itinerary for your trip and all will be well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It shows it as a valid route on scotrails app and on the train line too if you enter from Glasgow to singer as a single or return

Status
Not open for further replies.