• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gloucester Yard Junction

Hophead

Established Member
With a trip to Gloucester planned for next week, I've been checking Real time Trains to see how things have been recently. I've noticed that arrivals from Paddington are routinely being held at Gloucester Yard Junction, getting to Gloucester around 10 minutes late and there's nothing about this on GWR's website.

Here's today's status:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...24-03-01/0702-1200?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

The 3 arrivals so far have all been delayed and much the same happened yesterday. London-bound trains seem to be unaffected.

Is anybody able to shed any light? I'd like to manage my expectations and plan my day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Single line stretch between Gloucester and Tuffley Junction. Down Paddingtons are having to wait for Weymouths and Up Paddingtons to clear the line before they can enter. Not expected to be sorted for a few weeks.

Hophead

Established Member
Single line stretch between Gloucester and Tuffley Junction. Down Paddingtons are having to wait for Weymouths and Up Paddingtons to clear the line before they can enter. Not expected to be sorted for a few weeks.

Thanks. Shame GWR don't think it worth mentioning on their JourneyCheck page

mds86

It looks like the problem points have been fixed as both lines are now open between Gloucester Yard Junction and Horton Road Junction

Hophead

Established Member
Excellent news! Today's arrivals were mostly punctual and those that weren't were delayed long before they arrived in the county.