• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GNR Atlantic C1 No.251

Would you like to see GNR Atlantic C1 No.251

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Surely there might well be better candidates before the Atlantic, depends on opinion really...

Established Member
Surely there might well be better candidates before the Atlantic, depends on opinion really...

nah, the Atlantic is quite an important engine, it was build right in the change over between the older locos and the newer locos, it was modern for its time, it looked a lot more modern than the older locos, its such a good loco!

Nathan

I'd rather see Mallard back... Mallard, Bittern and Sir Nigel Gresley all in running order would be amazing.

Other than Bitterns Middle-end, that is back in steam.

Down south for me, i'd like to see 76017, 34102 they are just more local examples of whats to come in the future...

guillyman

Without these fine beasts the ECML would never have been the same. High tech compounds and fast! The 91's of their day. Bring 'em all back!

Established Member
Without these fine beasts the ECML would never have been the same. High tech compounds and fast! The 91's of their day. Bring 'em all back!

Wooo, lol, just the sort of thing i like to hear! they were good engines!

Status
Not open for further replies.