• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Ahead London bus crash 25-01-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG

Established Member
BBC news reporting that a double decker, which appears to be Ee18 operated by Go Ahead London, has crashed into a building at Highams Park around about 0820 this morning.
Three children and two adults have been taken to hospital after a double-decker bus hit a shop in north-east London.
The crash happened on Selwyn Avenue, Highams Park, at about 08:20 GMT, the Metropolitan Police said.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) said 14 other people were treated at the scene, near Highams Park Overground station, but did not need hospital treatment.
An eyewitness told the BBC that the driver said "his brakes had failed" and he had to be cut free by firefighters.
According to the BBC the driver has said that his brakes had failed.

Thoughts with those injured and the driver.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trackman

Established Member
BBC news reporting that a double decker, which appears to be Ee18 operated by Go Ahead London, has crashed into a building at Highams Park around about 0820 this morning.

According to the BBC the driver has said that his brakes had failed.

Thoughts with those injured and the driver.
Indeed, it must have been terrifying.
It happened in 2014 and the same model of bus I think.

Flange Squeal

Established Member

The bus involved in that incident was one of the New Routemasters ("Boris Buses"), where as today's incident involved an Enviro 400EV.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

The 2014 incident involved a NRM, and the subsequent prosecution of the driver produced a not guilty verdict on the basis that there was a clash of expert evidence as to whether the driver or 'computer/electronic glitches' were responsible for the accident.

Trackman

Established Member
The 2014 incident involved a NRM, and the subsequent prosecution of the driver produced a not guilty verdict on the basis that there was a clash of expert evidence as to whether the driver or 'computer/electronic glitches' were responsible for the accident.
Thanks, I'd like see an official report about this if you have a link.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Thanks, I'd like see an official report about this if you have a link.
The You Tube link above gave the Evening Standard report of the criminal trial. I don't think there was ever an official report, though I could be wrong.

Trackman

Established Member
The You Tube link above gave the Evening Standard report of the criminal trial. I don't think there was ever an official report, though I could be wrong.
Cheers, I'm unable to find the link but I'll do some digging about and start a new thread if need be as I'm going off topic to a different incident. I'm curious to how the driver ended up in the dock, unless he failed a D&A test or something - but in the video he's clearly flapping, not like fallen asleep or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.