• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Golborne colliery sidings track plans needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurotoura

Golborne Colliery sidings.I am trying to obtain track plans from the 60’s/70’s for the colliery sidings on the main line at Golborne colliery, they were adjacent to the old Golborne station and goods shed. Can anyone help or advise of any publications I might find this information from please. I played opposite them on the school field as a youngster and now retired am looking to possibly create a model railway on this historic subject.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
The book "Industrial Railways of St. Helens, Widnes & Warrington, Part 2", by Townley & Peden, contains a photo of Golborne Colliery yard and sidings. There are also some plans of connections to the main line, but not much detail of the sidings layout. In the photo, there seem to be at least 10 sidings visible - it will need a lot of space for an exact model.
You should be able to borrow a copy if you have a good library nearby.
Look in Chapter 14 - The Haydock Collieries.

(ISBN 1 901556 25 5 )

Status
Not open for further replies.