• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gold card upgrade to First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc82140

Established Member
Given the increased overcrowding on the FGW Thames Valey routes, and the fact that my travel expenses allowance has just been increased, I'm tempted to change my annual gold card from Twyford to Paddington from standard class to first class. However I'm only 4 months in to the run of the standard class gold card. Would I be able to upgrade the rest of the validity of the gold card to first class pro-rata without losing gold card privileges? Those leather HST first class seats are just too tempting!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
From Season Ticket t&cs (highlights applied by me)

If you move house, change your place of work or wish to change the class of travel, you may apply to exchange any Season Ticket with a month or more remaining, for one with the same expiry date for your new journey or class. This is called a changeover.
A changeover may be applied for at any rail ticket office (preferably one relevant to the new journey), a few days in advance of the date of the change. Any additional charge or refund will be based on the ticket prices when the original Season Ticket was bought, pro rata to the periods before and after the changeover.
No administration charge is made. Any ticket that has already been exchanged in this way may be accepted for further exchanges if necessary.

Peter

devon_metro

Established Member
Given the increased overcrowding on the FGW Thames Valey routes, and the fact that my travel expenses allowance has just been increased, I'm tempted to change my annual gold card from Twyford to Paddington from standard class to first class. However I'm only 4 months in to the run of the standard class gold card. Would I be able to upgrade the rest of the validity of the gold card to first class pro-rata without losing gold card privileges? Those leather HST first class seats are just too tempting!!!

Didn't realise an Hsts stopped at Twyford?

adc82140

Established Member
collybs- thanks a lot for that :D

devonmetro- they do indeed during the peaks- the 06:56 to Paddington and the 17:06, 18:06 and one other ex Paddington are HSTs. My usual morning journey is to grab the 07:49 Turbo to Maidenhead then the 08:00 HST into Paddington, which is now hopelessly crowded since we lost the 2x Adelantes from this service.

Off peak, I travel on the xx22 or xx52 fast HSTs to Slough and change onto local stoppers there. Even on a Turbo first class is worth it- I'm quite stockily built and find the standard class seats way to narrow, usually ending up with only one bum cheek on the seat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.