• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Goodrington Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Originally leaving my home at 8 in the morning to spot 6W70, 6W71 and 6W72 which were all booked into goodrington yard, although these never turned up and have just seen that they left exeter riverside not long ago!

By this time i was not happy with a gale force 30+ Mph wind...

My day did get better when class 03 shunter (D2192) turned up along Goodrington bank. I managed to get some shots of this.

Shots i managed to get in the 30+ Mph NE wind are here: http://paigntonrailwaycentre.50webs.com/200206.htm

Comments Welcome :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trains2

Interesting shots there. What exactly are they doing on the P&DSR? I heard that a new loop is going in at Goodrington? Anything else?

devon_metro

Established Member
trains2 said:
Interesting shots there. What exactly are they doing on the P&DSR? I heard that a new loop is going in at Goodrington? Anything else?

Erm not entirely sure. The new loop is in place already, well actually there are two loops. One at the station and one that loops around the station. It appears that they are building the bank up for 2 track running along it as a lot of soil has been dumped and put into place along the line. Aswell as this a new signal gantry has been instaled at Paignton Queens park south. Pictures later...

Status
Not open for further replies.