• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Goylie Gosh it's Lowestoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here at Flamboyant Trains we celebrate 50 years of Class 31s with a return to their old area. Not just that, we stop off at Lowestoft for a few hours of seaside pleasure!

A trip to Felixstowe Beach is on the cards, and the 31's promise to be something special.

We have online booking available at http://www.flamboyanttrains.co.uk/

Look forward to seeing you there.

Any questions or comments we will field from you below.

Thanks.
Flamboyant!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Depending on a number of factors, I hope to be there, fingers cross :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If it does the freight loop, I want that! Been to Felixstowe itself on a 153, quite a boring line really.

The itinery looks good, but three things make me curious:

a) Is this booked to be top and tailed? It appears there are to be a few reversals altogether so without a few run-rounds I fear this will be top and tailed.

b) Is it planned to use the Balloon Curve at Ely or reverse there? The route on the Flamboyant Trains website is not all too clear.

c) Is it known when the 31s will be confirmed for the tour?

Wensum Curve would also be nice to do and on something decent too (couldn't do the expensive trip with D1015 for it).

I'd be booking this very soon if it was a definate for the 31s. I refuse to pay £54 (plus associated moves/B+Bs) to do some of the most boring parts of the country (far too flat over in Anglia for my tastes!) with some GM engines. Already bored myself silly scratching in the Felixstowe branch, Westerfield to Lowestoft, Oulton Broads to Norwich and the rest of the route to Great Yarmouth via Berney Arms (thankfully Norwich to Great Yarmouth and back was with 47818). On a couple of tours which I've been bored on I've had to result to either a CD player or MP3 player. No point paying out good money to make yourself bored!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Flamboyant Trains are very good. Also a number of their stewards are on this forum (I didn't realise until recently!)

If there's enough interest we could do a group booking.

1D53

Established Member
As Lowestoft goes from Barrow Hill, there should be no issues with making the last Leeds train from Doncaster!

PS: Thanks again!

Techniquest,

I can confirm that we have applied for the Felixstowe Beach loop, the Wensum Curve, and the Ely Curve too. There a few more surprises in what we have applied for, but we must wait for confirmation from Network Rail's trainplanning teams before we can give you a concrete itinerary.

The 31's shouldnt be too long in confirmation, but we can confirm that it will be 31 hauled.

Best
Flamboyant!

Just to let you know that representatives from Flamboyant Trains will be present at the Barrow Hill Gala this weekend, so if anyone would like to book in person rather than over the internet, they are more than welcome to come along, we will be able to process cheques, debit and credit cards and cash on the day.

I am sorry to have to announce some changes to our “Goylie Gosh it’s Lowestoft” tour.

A key supplier in the process has been unable to facilitate the operation of the tour. The FBT team have worked very closely with this supplier to ensure that regulatory approval was granted for this tour, but sadly at the last minute the decision was made by them that they no longer wished to be a part of this operation.

Moving on, we have now managed to find another supplier in GBRF, they are eager to work with us, however in order to facilitate driver training and assessment we have had to accommodate a different date. The tour will now operate on Saturday the 7th of November.

We are extremely sorry for this change, and we hope that it will cause you only the minimum of inconvenience. There are no other changes to the tour, the traction, as widely speculated, has been confirmed, signed sealed and under contract, the locomotives are 31128 and 31190.

We would also like to announce that owing to its popularity and the number of requests we have had for it, we will be offering a Flamboyant Premier dining service on this tour - the prices and menus for this will be confirmed shortly.

Lastly, our email and website will be undergoing some maintenance this week to ensure that we can communicate with you more effectively and quickly. Whilst we anticipate there will be no interuption in our web or email services if you do have any problems getting in contact or do not recieve a reply within 48hrs please email [email protected] and I promise you a prompt response.

We will be in contact with all customers booked on the tour over the next day or so and the website will be updated with the new details soon.

Thanks for your patience, your support, and we do look forward to welcoming you onboard on the 7th of November.

Colin Ord
Customer Service Manager
Flamboyant Trains

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks for the update, I can go do this hopefully now thanks to the re-date.

Any truth to what I've heard that it's only £39 from March?

Aictos

Established Member
Well two things from me about the tour:

1.)

I'm pleased and excited at joining said tour operators working alongside the existing management in a management position.

2.)

I will be on the tour working after joining at Peterborough ensuring all passengers at Peterborough are on the right platform, on the right bit of the platform for the train and ensuring total co-operation from NXEC or should that be East Coast Railways before boarding <D

fgwrich

Established Member
Now 21st November. :)

Oh - Two days away from my birthday<:D

Though theres no way i could do this tour - living in Basingstoke...though ive got to say, the Felixstow line sounds interesting...Lowesoft...really not for me...Spent more than a few hours there a few weeks ago and well...Enjoy...or not so much...sorry but ive got to say its the most depressing town ive ever been to...Not helped by the fact i also got marroned there for a Hour becasue i missed my Dogbox/whilst Oliver Cromwell was in...think i prefer Great Yarmouth...

have a good trip anyway...

We are sorry but this tour is now cancelled.

We are sorry to announce the cancellation of the Flamboyant Trains Goylie Gosh Its Lowestoft tour, which was due to operated on Saturday the 21st November.

Despite two redates there are still a number of operational issues which could not be resolved despite the date changes, notably our operating TOC being unable to train drivers and guards on the route or locomotives in time for the tour to operate in any time in the foreseeable future. The TOC are committed to providing the resources for this train; but with the cold early nights rolling in and no firm commitment available at this stage on a date where crew training will be complete we believe it is preferable to cancel the tour at this stage. We will aim to run the tour as part of our 2010 programme once our operating TOC has fully trained its crews on Class 31 locomotives and on the demanding route we have specified within Anglia.

All bookings will be cancelled and all payments made through our website and via PayPal will be refunded in due course; hopefully all payments will be completed within 7-10 days. All postal and cheque payments sent have yet to be cashed and the cheques will be destroyed.

All queries should be directed to [email protected] where we will try and get back to you within 48 hours.

We are very sorry for having to cancel the tour at this stage, however I hope you understand the reasons for us having to do so. It is doubly disappointing for us to cancel, as booking levels and interest in the tour were very healthy.

Regards

The FBT team.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Phew, was gonna look up somewhere to doss down in March for this one! Shame about the postponement to 2010, but it can't be helped.

Please do run it in the late spring/summer though, I don't fancy freezing my spherical objects off in the cold weather on the East side!

Aictos

Established Member
Damn and I was so looking forward to it as well! Oh well, here's to the 2010 tours!

Status
Not open for further replies.