• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grade 8 Three Bridges ROC x 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRain87

Just on briefing and we have been informed that if you're starting the apprenticeship scheme, you will remain an apprentice for 12 months, you will not be able to move box for 12 months no matter when you pass out!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
You are indeed correct, your tied to your location and training grade salary for a year from the start of employment. Not a bad deal if your. Grade 5 upwards, but a right raw deal if your a grade 2 on grade 1 money for a year !

nom de guerre

It's a bad deal for anyone who would ordinarily expect to pass out in less than a year - so that's everyone under G7, and some 7s and 8s too.

Clydefrog

Hi does anyone know if you do westcad and nx at signalling school when u get a position up the three bridges roc? or do you only do westcad?

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Depends on what course your LOM wants you to do, you can do the NX TCB course in school, the do a short conversion to WestCad back at Three Bridges.

LewesTom

Hi does anyone know if you do westcad and nx at signalling school when u get a position up the three bridges roc? or do you only do westcad?

Hi Clydefrog. It depends on what trainers are available at signalling school when you go. I've just got back to TBROC a couple of weeks ago having done NX, the course before ours was WestCAD. The problem is (at York, at least) there are only a couple of trainers who do the VDU training. Most do NX then a conversion.

Clydefrog

Hi Clydefrog. It depends on what trainers are available at signalling school when you go. I've just got back to TBROC a couple of weeks ago having done NX, the course before ours was WestCAD. The problem is (at York, at least) there are only a couple of trainers who do the VDU training. Most do NX then a conversion.
Cool so are you on the simulator now at three bridges then? Were you oart of the 12 positions that came up at the roc? How did u find signalling school?

LewesTom

Cool so are you on the simulator now at three bridges then? Were you oart of the 12 positions that came up at the roc? How did u find signalling school?

I've mostly been on the live panel after my conversion onto the VDU. I have got a few days of sim work in this coming week though. I was one of the 7 that were taken onto grade 6 and 8 jobs in the Spring. Signalling school was good, so long as you apply yourself and don't think you're going for a 12 week jolly, you'll be fine.

Clydefrog

I've mostly been on the live panel after my conversion onto the VDU. I have got a few days of sim work in this coming week though. I was one of the 7 that were taken onto grade 6 and 8 jobs in the Spring. Signalling school was good, so long as you apply yourself and don't think you're going for a 12 week jolly, you'll be fine.
Oh cool well done. I went up there the other day for a look around at it is right up my street. So i will be keeping an eye out for vacancys. Which one are you grade 6 or 8?

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
The max number of turns in the bounce is six, that's quite enough on 12hrs!
Usually rostered three days in a block at my place.

LewesTom

I'm on an 8 hour roster on a grade 6 panel. I get the feeling that the general consensus is that most of the other lads (and me) would like to go onto a 12 hour roster as it is a lot better for work/life balance. Getting that actually in place is another matter!

Clydefrog

I'm on an 8 hour roster on a grade 6 panel. I get the feeling that the general consensus is that most of the other lads (and me) would like to go onto a 12 hour roster as it is a lot better for work/life balance. Getting that actually in place is another matter!
Ha i see. Get on to the rmt reps

Sunset route

Do u work 6 12 hour shifts before your 7 days off every 5 weeks? Thanks

The max number of turns in the bounce is six, that's quite enough on 12hrs!
Usually rostered three days in a block at my place.

The maximum amount rostered of 12hr turns is 3 consecutive turns (not including Sunday’s) and up to a maximum of 6X12hrs consecutively when overtime is included.

2001 National Rostering Principles section 2.1 last bullet point.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Ah, I got collared for six the other week RDW plus booked turns, plus booked Sunday #knackered!

Clydefrog

Afternoon. Has anyone got a picture or anything of the 12 hour roster for the roc at all im guessing its the same for all panels that are on the 12 hour roster.

Clydefrog

Hi everyone, does anyone know who the Lom is for the east sussex coastway grade 6 i believe up the roc? Thanks

Ross Shearing

Hi guys. Currently applying like mad for Signallers roles and any tips would be warmly welcomed. If anyone feels kind enough to review my CV and answers I’d owe you a pint should I ever get there! LewesTom, hope you are well?

LewesTom

Hi guys. Currently applying like mad for Signallers roles and any tips would be warmly welcomed. If anyone feels kind enough to review my CV and answers I’d owe you a pint should I ever get there! LewesTom, hope you are well?

Morning Ross, all good my end! I'd be happy to take a look at your CV, I think Maria has my pers e-mail address...If not get her to drop me text or go through Alex.

T

Alan77

Ok cheers, might give it a crack and add it onto my ever growing list of applications!

Emmsie

Ah I was looking at the Southern site as they have a similar number of Train Manager positions available at the ROC in Three Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.