• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central 221 livery and branding possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prestige15

On Moderation
Moderator note: split from

Well i was not expecting the Voyagers are going to GC but at least you'll be going somewhere with these units

Expect to look very similar to this i've done, And it needs a nickname! Dark Voyager/Grand Voyager/Jaffa Cake/Voyager - Tiger 'Voyger'/Tigger Voyager/Garfield Voyager etcGrand Central.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainguy34

Well i was not expeting the Voyagers are going to GC but at least you'll be going somewhere with these units

Excpect to look very similar to this i've done, And it needs a nickname! Dark Voyager/Grand Voyager/Jaffa Cake/Voyager - Tiger 'Voyger'/Tigger Voyager/Garfield Voyager etcView attachment 137770
Hopefully that is the new livery/branding as it looks amazing, I like the name Jaffa Cake

Neptune

Established Member
Hopefully that is the new livery/branding as it looks amazing, I like the name Jaffa Cake
How about Super Voyager ;)

Jaffa Cake wouldn’t work as that was used for the L&SE livery of the early 80’s which actually was in Jaffa Cake colours (brown/orange/beige). The Jaffa Cakes I have in my kitchen are certainly not black/orange :)

Purple Train

Established Member
Jaffa Cake wouldn’t work as that was used for the L&SE livery of the early 80’s which actually was in Jaffa Cake colours (brown/orange/beige). The Jaffa Cakes I have in my kitchen are certainly not black/orange :)
Mine are black and grey with little blue and green bits. That would be an interesting livery to reproduce!

When are the 221s expected to be in service with GC?

Prestige15

On Moderation
How about Super Voyager ;)

Personally I think 'Grand Voyager' is what i'll go for, It sounds more legit.

Also I believe this would be the first time a Voyager traveling south of Doncaster along the East Coast and what we all thought that there will be no Voyagers serving London once Avanti sends off all the 221's, I don't think that's happening anytime soon now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neptune

Established Member
Personally I think 'Grand Voyager' is what i'll go for, It sounds more legit.
Sorry but why does Grand Voyager sound more legitimate than Super Voyager? The comment doesn’t make any sense to me.

Last edited:

D365

Veteran Member
Also I believe this would be the first time a Voyager traveling south of Doncaster along the East Coast and what we all thought that there will be no Voyagers serving London once Avanti sends off all the 221's, Dont think thats happening anytime soon now.
Depends on your definition of a Class 222!

Neptune

Established Member
220/221/222 are all part of the same Bombardier Voyager family.

MML and HT wanted them to have their own ‘brand name’.

Think IET/Azuma/Nova 1. They’re all Hitachi AT300’s in reality.

I can’t see the 221’s having much trouble being cleared on the bits of line they have never previously worked.

Retorus

Well i was not expeting the Voyagers are going to GC but at least you'll be going somewhere with these units

Excpect to look very similar to this i've done, And it needs a nickname! Dark Voyager/Grand Voyager/Jaffa Cake/Voyager - Tiger 'Voyger'/Tigger Voyager/Garfield Voyager etcView attachment 137770
That looks very smart.

RobShipway

Established Member
Do we know if they will be reliviried into Grand Central? Or are they only a stock gap while the Adelantes are repaired?
I thought that the class 221's where only being leased until repairs could be done to the 10 class 180 units that Grand Central already operate.

I wonder what is going o happen to the 4 stored class 180 units 180109, 180110–180111, 180113?

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Moderator note: split from

Well i was not expecting the Voyagers are going to GC but at least you'll be going somewhere with these units

Expect to look very similar to this i've done, And it needs a nickname! Dark Voyager/Grand Voyager/Jaffa Cake/Voyager - Tiger 'Voyger'/Tigger Voyager/Garfield Voyager etcView attachment 137770
I like this concept, circa 2006: ;)

_41244950_grand_central203.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.