• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Cab Ride DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I watched this with Techniquest as he got it through Love Film for next to no price, for those who rather watch it once I suggest you do that!

It is well put together, the only bit I didn't like was the slow parts, id bored the both of us out round Eaglescliff and that

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yep, after Thirsk we were bored like no tomorrow. I knew it wasn't fast beyond there, but jeez...

I had a free trial from LoveFilm after getting the gen it was on there. It was good up to York then Thirsk, lots of thrash and all of what I wanted. After that, we were ready to fast-forward to the end or just give up. I recall saying that it would be daft not to watch it properly to the end now, so I did and no-one else could be bothered! It got sent back to LoveFilm two days later and I quit the free trial.

One other thing to mention that I hadn't thought of before was that it makes no mention of dates, power cars or anything like that. Might not be an issue to some people but it's not a big one, just a niggle really.

Glad I didn't buy this to be honest, if I was to watch it again I'd watch it only to York as after that I would prefer to be on a 142...

anthony263

Established Member
I bought a copy of this dvd back in may, although i lent it to a freind from university about 6 weeks ago and i have yet to get it back. I do agree that it is good until you get to york then it is just too slow & boring

Established Member
why spend £15 when you can film the real thing yourself for about £30?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Do it yourself for £30? Don't you mean £300, excluding insurance so add another £300 on top, then paperwork, HSE issues....

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Do it yourself for £30? Don't you mean £300, excluding insurance so add another £300 on top, then paperwork, HSE issues....

I would say even more than that more like £2,500+.

Anyway where would I order this from looks quite good (excluding the boring part which was mentioned).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
ahhh behind isn't the cab though is it :p

And for a cab ride if you ask, you would be VERY lucky..Not even I would ask on the spot, all I would do is get the driver in trouble even if he did let me in

Pumbaa

Established Member
Grand Central cab ride DVD... Did it stop half way en route when it broke down? :)

MCR247

Established Member
Today the 180 service was run by one in FGW livery

GNERman

Established Member
neither has failed, and 105 in fgw unbranded livery worked the service today and also yesterday as I saw at doncaster, 114 is at wolverton works as we speak getting a refurbishment and new livery.

Aictos

Established Member
Well I finally saw GC's liveried Class 180 yesterday passing though Finsbury Park on the Down Slow 2 line en route to Ferme Park, looks very nice - don't like the idea of 1st Class not being one of the end coaches though, hopefully during the refurbishment the 1st Class could be moved to the London end coach and the former 1st Class area converted to Standard Class or a buffet.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I also saw the GC 180 around Hornsey way and it looks awesome in the flesh. I have to say that it beats the new Hull Trains livery, although that's excellent too.

It does seem as if my fears about it breaking down every day haven't yet proved to be true, so it's good that I'm wrong - and I hope I continue to be proved wrong for some time to come.

GNERman

Established Member
Well I finally saw GC's liveried Class 180 yesterday passing though Finsbury Park on the Down Slow 2 line en route to Ferme Park, looks very nice - don't like the idea of 1st Class not being one of the end coaches though, hopefully during the refurbishment the 1st Class could be moved to the London end coach and the former 1st Class area converted to Standard Class or a buffet.

The first class being in the middle coach to the left was fgw's idea, the problem being that the 180's cab area is very big and the end coaches have less seating than the others do so by putting first class there then you lose seating...

Status
Not open for further replies.