• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Seat layout with window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

I am travelling York to London and return soon and am looking at the seating plans for the 180s. Unfortunately it does not specify which seat align with the windows. I am looking at Standard Class, Airline seats facing direction of travel ideally on the right hand side to and from London. Does anyone know which are the best seats to book based on the above information. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Parallel

Established Member
Most seats in first class align with windows, so perhaps this could be used as a base if the plans are accurate? I've used seat 27 in first class before, with 24 being adjacent to the same window.

I have also used seat 52 in coach C before, that bay of 4 also tallied up to a window. With the way they're laid out, you'd probably be quite unlucky to not get a view out of the window if you weren't sitting in an aisle seat.

Note that it says coach B *should* be towards the London end and coach F towards the north - but when I last used the service it was the other way around - although that doesn't change the window alignment!

Grand Central's seating plans are available here if anyone else needs them.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just to add that to have your choice of seat you'll need to either book online with Trainsplit or alternatively ask at a booking office or telesales; the GC website doesn't allow it.

westv

Established Member
Just to add that to have your choice of seat you'll need to either book online with Trainsplit or alternatively ask at a booking office or telesales; the GC website doesn't allow it.
It is a bit archaic that neither GC or Hull Trains allow you to select a seat when booking via their websites.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It is a bit archaic that neither GC or Hull Trains allow you to select a seat when booking via their websites.

To be fair most TOCs don't. Only LNER and Avanti I think, and that assumes the latter bothered fixing theirs. XC did but I don't think they do at the moment?

westv

Established Member
To be fair most TOCs don't. Only LNER and Avanti I think, and that assumes the latter bothered fixing theirs. XC did but I don't think they do at the moment?
I guess I was really just referring to long distance operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.