• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Centrals Class 180s - Eastleigh Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgwrich

Established Member
Something that seems to have gone by virtually unnoticed, Can anyone tell me why Grand Central's 180114 Made a trip from Bounds Green to Eastleigh Works last week?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimm

Established Member
Something that seems to have gone by virtually unnoticed, Can anyone tell me why Grand Central's 180114 Made a trip from Bounds Green to Eastleigh Works last week?

Perhaps it is the first set to enter the heavy overhaul programme, following the arrival of the first extra 180 released by GWR. There were job adverts a couple of months ago for project managers to work at Eastleigh on the "Grand Central Class 180 Project".

superalbs

Established Member
Wow, are we finally going to see the death of that horrible First moquette on the GC Class 180s? :o

leomartin125

Whats the full scope of this work, micannical overhaul and internal refresh?

I heard it's something to do with ETCS fitment...

Meanwhile GC's 180108 has reappeared from Heaton wearing GWR's 'First Unbranded' livery. Didn't think they would repaint it there.

On Moderation
180114 is in for ETCS fit, but will go back later for internal work (refresh).

Should be 180108 in next, which I think gets the full treatment including ETCS and internal work. Presume this one would also get a repaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.