• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Central Railway Diesel Gala (15-17 September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Good grief:

£5 (standard), £6 (first)

Is there only £1 difference on FC!!

Cheap fares aswell, compared with the rip-off FCC fare.

Class 313, yo ureally should get a timetable book ;)

Looks like it will be a good event, Loughborough is a bit procey for me though!

TheSlash

Established Member
This sounds like something worth going to.
I'm off that weekend so i'd be looking to drive up on the Saturday, hotel nearby on the Saturday night, spend some time at the railway on the Sunday, then drive home Sunday night.
Bringing the car means i can bring all my stuff like, boots, HV, tools etc, so i could get some work done on the CIG, knocking out a few of its faults like the parcel door.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've decided this is not worth going to, as I did the May gala, which I gave volumes of priority to. Fun as it was, I can't afford to keep forking out volumes of money to do the bash. It is, after all, only 7.75 miles each way!

Community Railfest, however, IS a big draw, and this is not only a yearly operation but the location changes every year! The HRT tour to Boulby, at a considerably higher mileage for the trip, is only £15 too, which I am seriously considering!

GCR and its fleet will be there for years to come, Comm. Railfest won't. Do excuse me if that's an incorrect priority, but a yearly, ever-changing event that will (this year) FINALLY see me sight my first 55, is much more interesting and important than a twice-yearly diesel gala.

I daresay many people will be following similar ideas, especially if they did the May gala!

TheSlash

Established Member
WSXFan said:
I've decided this is not worth going to, as I did the May gala, which I gave volumes of priority to. Fun as it was, I can't afford to keep forking out volumes of money to do the bash. It is, after all, only 7.75 miles each way!

Community Railfest, however, IS a big draw, and this is not only a yearly operation but the location changes every year! The HRT tour to Boulby, at a considerably higher mileage for the trip, is only £15 too, which I am seriously considering!

GCR and its fleet will be there for years to come, Comm. Railfest won't. Do excuse me if that's an incorrect priority, but a yearly, ever-changing event that will (this year) FINALLY see me sight my first 55, is much more interesting and important than a twice-yearly diesel gala.

I daresay many people will be following similar ideas, especially if they did the May gala!
I see most people have ignored your usual drivel, but i'll respond simply with this,
Where else can you see the following locos routinely passing at speed?
D8098 - 20098
D5830 - 31297/31463/31563
D123 - 45125
D1705 - 47117
D8048 - 20048
D7615 - 25265
D6955 - 37255
D6535 - 33116
[EDIT]
class 313 said:
Well im 14 and im planning to get the 0924 from st albans for a day trip.
Best not to publicise your age, Mr Class 313, theres a strong suggestion that one of the forum members is attractted to young boys :shock:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
TheSlash said:
I see most people have ignored your usual drivel

Well, that made me laugh, at the very least

TheSlash said:
Best not to publicise your age, Mr Class 313, theres a strong suggestion that one of the forum members is attractted to young boys :shock:

What complete and utter nonce-sense! ;)

Guinness

Established Member
There are Peadophiles on the forum!?! :o

I think the closure of RailUK is needed in that case. :(

Nice talking to you all.

Guinness

Established Member
WHSmithFan said:

Is it the Last ever RailFest?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
TheSlash said:
I see most people have ignored your usual drivel, but i'll respond simply with this,
Where else can you see the following locos routinely passing at speed?
D8098 - 20098
D5830 - 31297/31463/31563
D123 - 45125
D1705 - 47117
D8048 - 20048
D7615 - 25265
D6955 - 37255
D6535 - 33116

Been there, seen it, video'd it. Fun as it was last time, it's been done, I might pop up there next year for the 37, 33, unit and the CIG. For now, Darlington's calling...

Oh, and I'm sorry, I'll pack up my immature, extreme, racist opinion whilst I'm here too.

Guinness

Established Member
WHSmithFan said:
Been there, seen it, video'd it. Fun as it was last time, it's been done, I might pop up there next year for the 37, 33, unit and the CIG. For now, Darlington's calling...

Oh, and I'm sorry, I'll pack up my immature, extreme, racist opinion whilst I'm here too.

Your racist? That's against the forum rules you know.....

bunnahabhain

Established Member
WSXFan said:

As my Mum used to say when my sister threatened to run away with regular occurance.

Want me to pack you some jam sandwiches for the trip?

devon_metro

Established Member
Although 'WHSmith fan' rofl Chaz,

WSXfan slash never called you racist. So you are just digging a hole ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
Liam said:
Although 'WHSmith fan' rofl Chaz,

WSXfan slash never called you racist. So you are just digging a hole ;)
*Nods head in agreement with Liam...*
I'm not racist, i hate everybody evenly, blue, black, pink, white, green, yellow, purple...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No, no, no. You misunderstand that racial thing. I have been accused of being extreme, racist and incorrectly opinionated all of the time recently, so I randomly, extremely (;)) decided to add the comment in a satirical style there.

As for the WHSmithFan thing, ROFL!!! I like.

And can your Mum make me some jam sandwiches for the bash then Jamie? Would save me a few quid on food! :lol:

Final thought: I have been told some of you have gotten angry after my earlier post on not going to the GCR gala for the cost and stuff reasons. It was not designed to inflame arguments, it was merely an explanation for why I changed my mind from an earlier statement of intent to show up somewhere on the forum to not going at all for the reasons given.

Apologies for any anger caused.

devon_metro

Established Member
:lol: i love it!

Got to be WHSmithfan. Then you will considered the mad one on RUK, if you exclude Chaz of course ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hmm, hmm, and umm, hmm...

I'm a WSX fan, loud and proud. That's never changing. So I'm afraid the answer is a loud, proud 'No'.

Guinness

Established Member
Liam said:
:lol: i love it!

Got to be WHSmithfan. Then you will considered the mad one on RUK, if you exclude Chaz of course ;)

I'm too laid back. Not Mad. Just ask Slash. ;)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
WSXFan said:
I'm a WSX fan, loud and proud. That's never changing. So I'm afraid the answer is a loud, proud 'No'.

Is that till one of the following happens?

a) You realise that Wessex Trains are non-existant these days.
b) You remember that Wessex Trains cancelled one service which there was a small probability you were going to catch.
c) You decide you require yet another name change.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Jamie said:
Is that till one of the following happens?

a) You realise that Wessex Trains are non-existant these days.
b) You remember that Wessex Trains cancelled one service which there was a small probability you were going to catch.
c) You decide you require yet another name change.

a) Aba-ca-da. Duh. Of course Wessex Trains doesn't exist these days. I don't have to be a fan of something that exists.

b) Can't recall that move, but it's possible it happened. Compared with FGW and its operation of things, it was nowhere near as bad with NatEx Group in charge.

c) No name changes from me for the duration of 2006 at the very least. Probably never. I have been tempted to choose D1013 before, and 3212, but I've resisted change, if only for the fact people will only moan if I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.