• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern 313 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ewan M

Are they still there? Any word on a date?

064 + 134 are still at Hornsey but they have been stripped of components so shouldn’t be too long before they head on their final journey. With Booths apparently not taking any more sets due to issues regarding the scrapping process, Newport Docks will likely be their final destination.

Ladder23

Established Member
have any more photos arose of the 313's at either booths or sims?

Ewan M

End of an era today :( the final two GN 313s will be making their way down to Newport Docks shortly. Loco now at Hornsey having arrived from Leicester earlier this morning

Ewan M

And that’s that! The final pair of 313s have just left Hornsey EMUD for the very last time and are now en-route to Newport Docks for the chop. DRS 57301 is the loco dragging the PEPs to their doom.

malc-c

A friend managed to catch 57301 running through Sandy this morning. We were hoping the drag would be to Booths, but hey ho !

As others have said, end of an era for the ECML

Ladder23

Established Member
very sad to see this unit go, i had hope of it being preserved

Mark G

Can anyone advise please if the 313's are viewable at Sims at all down Newport Docks?

Dave91131

Can anyone advise please if the 313's are viewable at Sims at all down Newport Docks?

I don't know of any vantage points, but even if there any I suspect any stock which goes there is processed very quickly judging by how many 313's and 315's have gone in the last few months.

D1012

I visited Newport in July. I drove to the docks to have a look at Sims, but they are situated in a secure area with gated entry and customs control etc. I couldn't find any vantage points to view the scrap yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.