• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Orme Tramway- Bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train Maniac

Hi Guys
Wasnt sure whether to post this in the Other Transport subforum but, can you take an average sized bicycle on the Great Orme Tramway? (it looks great fun to cycle back down haha!) There is surprisingly no mention of it on the FAQ page on their website...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ajs

I would say no. I don’t recall there being any cycle storage space. The only things that seem to be allowed are a non powered folding wheelchair or a small folding pram.

Don’t think they allow bikes on the buses or the Cable Car that go up to the Great Orme either.

You could try cycling up…………

Train Maniac

I would say no. I don’t recall there being any cycle storage space. The only things that seem to be allowed are a non powered folding wheelchair or a small folding pram.

Don’t think they allow bikes on the buses or the Cable Car that go up to the Great Orme either.

You could try cycling up…………
Fair enough, looks like quite a challenge! :lol:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Alternatively you might find you can sweet talk a taxi driver into taking you up. A soft sided bike bag (with the wheels taken off etc) might help your case here.

philthetube

Established Member
Alternatively you might find you can sweet talk a taxi driver into taking you up. A soft sided bike bag (with the wheels taken off etc) might help your case here.
you could probably get one of those on the tram providing it is not busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.