• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
And what happens if after all of this GWR lose the franchise?

The new operator will keep the GWR branding, or everything will be repainted/vinyled.

Technically GWR is a brand name, so it can be used by the next franchise. The current franchise holder is First Greater Western Ltd

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
If it is the first thing, yes I should hope so. The second thing oh my gosh all this all over again!!!!!

jimm

Established Member
Why have the stopped branding them?

Probably because the contractors GWR use to do their vinyls are rather likely to be rather busy at the moment making sure that all the Class 800s due to enter service next week get green livery vinyls applied over the plain white paintwork in time.

LiftFan

I feel 150221 is really needing the new livery, it is in a terrible state externally and doesn't even have the LED bulbs fitted internally yet. I do hope the refresh doesn't affect the amazing thrash this unit is putting out, I went on it the other day and sounded like a beast!

Parallel

Established Member
I feel 150221 is really needing the new livery, it is in a terrible state externally and doesn't even have the LED bulbs fitted internally yet. I do hope the refresh doesn't affect the amazing thrash this unit is putting out, I went on it the other day and sounded like a beast!
I was on it recently too (It was doing a Gloucester - Weymouth run) and it is getting pretty ropey inside too, large parts of flooring were screwed AND nailed to the floor! 150265 is just as tired and doesn't have the LED lifting but it won't be long before their time is up. Are 150249 and 150261 the two units away? And have any more 158s been sent off?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

I read on another Forum that 221 should be the next to go but this can't happen until one of those already there returns. Difficulty in prioritising them when those that are left are all as bad as one another.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but 166220 has a name on it.. “Roger Watkins - The GWR Master Train Planner”

CP165

For those who may not know, I'm on 165110 now and it does have air cooling equipment fitted. It retains hopper windows but they all have locks on them.

Parallel

Established Member
Not really livery but 150926 was working as a two car unit today, strengthening the 16.40 Gloucester - Weymouth between Bristol and Westbury. Anyone know what's happened to the middle carriage - has it been taken out to be refurbished?

iantherev

Not really livery but 150926 was working as a two car unit today, strengthening the 16.40 Gloucester - Weymouth between Bristol and Westbury. Anyone know what's happened to the middle carriage - has it been taken out to be refurbished?

Going to Doncaster along with Centre car from 925 - possibly not to come back.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The centre vehicle of 925 should come out as well to mate with the one from 926 (57209 and 57212) to form a new 2 Car unit for Northern.

CC 72100

Established Member
925 still very much a 3-car at present. If it is shortly to lose its centre car, it's doing a farewell pretending to be a 158 on Portsmouth services today.

capital12

Is it still numbered 926 at moment or has it reverted back to 126 yet?

Cheers.

capital12

Cheers.

sd0733

Established Member
To be honest I’m just furious that the 150/1s haven’t started going already.
Surely something is better than nothing. The replacements aren't arriving en-masse until more wires are energised past Maidenhead. Once this is done (after Jan 2nd iirc) then reportedly they will dissappear fairly quickly but in the meantime a 150/1 is better than a cancellation.

superalbs

Established Member
Once this is done (after Jan 2nd iirc) then reportedly they will dissappear fairly quickly but in the meantime a 150/1 is better than a cancellation.

The sooner this is done the better imo, the 150/1 seating layout is absolutely awful, as are the seats themselves.

I have recently had the mispleasure of using 150/1s on some long journeys, these being Brighton-Cosham, Bristol-Weston-Exeter, and Bristol-Worcester and back. They're absolutely awful, and I can't wait to be doing those journeys on trains with proper interiors, and of course, the declassified Class 165/166 sections.

The only benefit they have is that they're not a cancelled train.

CC 72100

Established Member
926 may be out as a 2-car, but having travelled on and then seen 925 again today, I can confirm that it's still a 3-car. It would be much less likely (although sadly not unheard of) for it to make its way to Portsmouth as a 2-car.

Parallel

Established Member

Cheers.

It was still 926 yesterday.

To be honest I’m just furious that the 150/1s haven’t started going already.

Because GWR are not in a position yet to send them! I've been unable to board several trains between Bath and Trowbridge this week because of overcowding caused by delays and short forms due to failed trains. If GWR were short of any more units they'd have to start putting on rail replacement bus services - and I'm not joking. It's dire at the moment. :(

adc82140

Established Member
Why are they so short of units in the west? 150001 and 002 have come west, as well as a few 166s for Severn Beach leading to an increase in units. I know a couple of 150s are away at a time for refurb, but what else is causing this? Genuinely curious.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
The sooner this is done the better imo, the 150/1 seating layout is absolutely awful, as are the seats themselves.

I have recently had the mispleasure of using 150/1s on some long journeys, these being Brighton-Cosham, Bristol-Weston-Exeter, and Bristol-Worcester and back. They're absolutely awful, and I can't wait to be doing those journeys on trains with proper interiors, and of course, the declassified Class 165/166 sections.

The only benefit they have is that they're not a cancelled train.

I couldn’t have said it better myself, although I’m quite glad to get rid of the Turbos in the Thames Valley too...

Status
Not open for further replies.