• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia 68's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPTC

With the arrival of 68's on AGA services, how can I find out what services they are due to run on? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
I have posted the full diagram in the link above for addition to the diagram thread but nothing has happened.

DasLunatic

I know this is probably never going to happen, but do the 68s have enough power to facilitate hauling 90s again? If so, could the other loco-hauled sets be relegated to filling in for DMUs and another two or three brought over from DRS?

TheEdge

Established Member
I know this is probably never going to happen, but do the 68s have enough power to facilitate hauling 90s again? If so, could the other loco-hauled sets be relegated to filling in for DMUs and another two or three brought over from DRS?

Do you mean a return to dragging full hauled sets on the rural lines? That only ever happened for Summer Satruday Yarmouths and I think the Lowestoft airshow got them as well.

DasLunatic

Do you mean a return to dragging full hauled sets on the rural lines? That only ever happened for Summer Satruday Yarmouths and I think the Lowestoft airshow got them as well.

I did, for summer Saturdays too.

TheEdge

Established Member
Yea, never going to come back. That caused so much problems in its last few years it was just not worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.