• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia delay repay problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I'm trying to claim for a 30-60 minute delay last Monday 5th on the Greater Anglia delay repay page. However (a) it keeps defaulting to season ticket details when I am trying to claim for Advance tickets, and (b) every time I manage to get around that and submit my claim details, I get the following error: "Terms & Conditions - Captcha error". They do not accept messages on Twitter and I am loath to have to phone them and explain it all, so any advice? I've done the annoying Captcha thing a dozen times and obtained green ticks so I don't know what the problem is.

Edit: Managed to submit it on my phone, apparently problem with my cache or cookies or something. This topic can be deleted if anyone wants to do it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Oh thank you WW ^. For some reason I didn't see your reply before posting my update. I will make a note of that email address for future needs.

I don't belieeeeeve it - got another of those "some ticket information missing" emails back, asking for things they never asked for in the first place. Have resubmitted with all the extra things, I put Euston as start point and they asked me to check what it actually said on my ticket, so I changed it to London Zones 1-2 (they don't make that easy either as the ticket actually reads London Underground Zones 1-2 which isn't available to choose), eventually resubmitted only to find they have defaulted my start point to Kings Cross! Also they have amended my selected start time (for leaving Euston Underground at 13:52) to 14:12, which was the time we left Finsbury Park. There are so many anomalies here that the claim is bound to be rejected outright. I may be using that email address!

Submitting another claim on East Midlands also, and also had the "we need additional information" auto reply. It has taken me approximately two hours this afternoon to faff around with these claims.

The industry really needs to get its act together with this. It's clearly designed to put people off bothering.

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
Is this a new policy? I was able to message GA on Twitter fairly recently, a little over a year ago - I think in July 2021.

I made a general tweet to them, but was unable to send a DM to them. Would have rather used DM rather than publicly give all the details, but it seems they do not accept them.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I made a general tweet to them, but was unable to send a DM to them. Would have rather used DM rather than publicly give all the details, but it seems they do not accept them.
They do accept DMs if you tweet them first asking to send them a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.