• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia LST-NRW (last three trains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uefacup81

In the past GA have passed advance tickets for the last three trains running LST-NRW (2130, 2230, 2330) on any of the three services.

I've asked their twitter team if this is still the case, but they don't seem to understand what I'm getting at (they're thinking I want to amend a ticket).

Does anyone know if this policy is still in place?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Hasn't been repealed as far as I am aware.

uefacup81

Good news! Thanks for that.

Their Twitter team is being uncharacteristically unknowledgeable!

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
In the past GA have passed advance tickets for the last three trains running LST-NRW (2130, 2230, 2330) on any of the three services.

I've asked their twitter team if this is still the case, but they don't seem to understand what I'm getting at (they're thinking I want to amend a ticket).

Does anyone know if this policy is still in place?

Is there a historical reason for this?
And does it apply every day?
Cheers
Sam

uefacup81

Is there a historical reason for this?
And does it apply every day?
Cheers
Sam

I've no idea for the reasoning behind it (maybe a good PR thing for people who attend late-running shows/events?) but I've taken advantage of it many times regardless of day of the week.

uefacup81

No as far as I am aware this easement only applies to those 3 Norwich bound services.

Sorry, probably worded my question badly.

Is this something that applies to the last three LST-NRW services regardless of TOC? i.e. If Abellio were to lose the franchise, would the easement still bind future franchisees?

Last edited:

uefacup81

Where can one find details of easements like this? I've had a look through the easements section of the Routeing Guide but can't find anything.

Established Member
The new franchise holders have not made any attempt to revise this over the years.

And it still is the case, confirmed at Norwich travel centre this morning. Can't find any mention of it on the website under the advance terms and conditions, only 'easement' is reference to late flights arriving at Southend or Norwich airports.

It is simply a 'good will' thing, only on these three trains.

Definitely still in place, not that I was trained on it but have since picked it up....very useful for those as people have mentioned attending shows etc. In London who may not be sure of their return time.

Status
Not open for further replies.