• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trebor79

Established Member
Anybody know what was on the 1550 Peterborough to Ipswich 2L79 today? I was on the XC service behind and we got stuck at March for about 40 minutes "due to a broken down train stuck in front of us". Anyway it appears to have eventually overcome its problem but lost more time on the way to Ipswich arriving nearly an hour late.

Nighthawke

Can anyone tell me which diagrams the solitary class 170 is working because I would like a trip on it before it goes to Wales

I saw 170271 yesterday (27/11) on 2L75 PBO-IPS at Bury St Edmunds @ 13:00 and today (28/11) on 2W14 IPS-CBG same place similar time.

Sorry cannot help further - maybe someone with access to systems can.

Icky Qualms

I saw 170271 yesterday (27/11) on 2L75 PBO-IPS at Bury St Edmunds @ 13:00 and today (28/11) on 2W14 IPS-CBG same place similar time.

Sorry cannot help further - maybe someone with access to systems can.

Ah yes makes sense to use it on the Peterborough's

Nighthawke

Anybody know what was on the 1550 Peterborough to Ipswich 2L79 today? I was on the XC service behind and we got stuck at March for about 40 minutes "due to a broken down train stuck in front of us". Anyway it appears to have eventually overcome its problem but lost more time on the way to Ipswich arriving nearly an hour late.

Assuming (!) that the same unit ran the previous 2E78 IPS-PBO and 2L75 PBO-IPS before that, then it was 153306 which I saw passing Bury to Thurston. Cannot remember if it was a 1- or 2-car as a freight passed at the same time going the other way!

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Been reported that all 153s to be withdrawn today in another thread, and also 156s will start to be withdrawn next week.

Could be armageddon next week if this happens.

apinnard

Looks like the Sudbury unit has expired at Mark's Tey. With no depot to get it to easily, I guess that's Sudbury out until Monday.

Last edited:

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Good few number of Ipswich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Felixstowe have now been cancelled due to a lack of rolling stock after earlier train faults. They're going to have even less legacy stock after today thanks to their 'sensibly phased transfer' of existing rolling stock.

Armageddon on Monday - it's happening.

eastdyke

Established Member
Good few number of Ipswich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Felixstowe have now been cancelled due to a lack of rolling stock after earlier train faults. They're going to have even less legacy stock after today thanks to their 'sensibly phased transfer' of existing rolling stock.
Armageddon on Monday - it's happening.

'Armageddon Monday', we must be approaching the low point?
Significant media coverage should embarass GA.
I wonder how their PR machine will spin this one :|

Popcorn at the ready ......

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Any truth that the reason that the 20:17 Ipswich to Lowestoft and the following 21:17 have been cancelled is because they had to take the trains off the diagram to withdraw them?

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Remember, the cancellations and short forms have nothing at all to do with trains being withdrawn, according to Greater Anglia, because their 'sensible phased plan' is working.

RailWonderer

Established Member
The 755s aren't even behind schedule so its not as if GA couldn't have anticipated this. They chose not to extend leases for legacy DMUs because they were incompetent and inexperienced and took a major gamble. The worst thing is that they will never confess to their error, they will try and spin for as long as they can. GA have to be one of the most incompetent operators going. The worst is yet to come this august when the 360s go off lease. GEML meltdown to follow.

This won't allay the concerns for tomorrow's service, all Felixstowe services have been cancelled today.

Terry Tait

There needs to be high level sackings, this situation is a joke, I wouldn't be surprised to see commuters kicking off and taking some kind of protest action some of them are paying thousands of pounds for this rubbish.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
for the diesel units and the 360s, the units aren't going to scrap or storage, they're off to other operators who have franchise commitments of their own.

So here's a question for some on this thread. Say tomorrow the senior management are given the heave ho. For some reason you're hired in.

How would you fix the crisis?

Remember, hiring in other stock has training issues, has gauging issues etc.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
for the diesel units and the 360s, the units aren't going to scrap or storage, they're off to other operators who have franchise commitments of their own.

So here's a question for some on this thread. Say tomorrow the senior management are given the heave ho. For some reason you're hired in.

How would you fix the crisis?

Remember, hiring in other stock has training issues, has gauging issues etc.

The crisis was created long ago when the unrealistic timetable for introduction of rolling stock was agreed as well as the timetable for departure of rolling stock. The excuses that Greater Anglia have made recently are just that.

People. Both here and in the industry could see this coming and the operations team were apparently not consulted on such things and instead those with little experience of such projects called the shots who knew the theory of everything and practice of nothing.

There's not a massive amount that they can do now but it doesn't mean they should simply be given a free pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.