• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david_VI

Let's try again shall we.

Hopefully my assessment passes still stand so I can get through to the managers interview.

tom1681

Bear in mind the rates on the Aslef site are for mainline drivers. It's about 2/3rds of that when you're in the depot (+ Sundays).

edit:

Sorry, that only applies to the Ilford, Colchester, Clacton & Norwich Depots roles.

Last edited:

rob12

Does anybody know what type of tests you are expected to do? I have already done stages 1 & 2 with FGW, Dots, memory, Trp 1&2, reactions & CBI anybody got an idea about the tests this TOC carry out? Have applied for Cambridge as it is closer to me than oxford for which I am still awaiting DM results for and also applied for Bedford as well with FCC as that is also closer cheers

Jim123

This one's gone now, they've pulled the vacancy, checked this morning.

slick

I don't know whether the Anglia pay is correct but that list is rarely completely up to date. LOROL's for instance is now 4k more than that listed.

It has been updated for ages. Salary for a flat year including london weighting is £44,338.

Rjhsteel

Anyone have Sally's email address? She sent me an email but not sure if you could reply to it.
She is dealing with the recruitment process.
Don't post here, just message me.
Thanks.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Got an invite. Any idea what tests they use at stage 1?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone have Sally's email address? She sent me an email but not sure if you could reply to it.
She is dealing with the recruitment process.
Don't post here, just message me.
Thanks.

If you get it can you PM me it too please mate?

Rjhsteel

Sure. When I went we had a dot test, memory test, fault finding test and reaction test.
With people knocked out at each stage.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Sure. When I went we had a dot test, memory test, fault finding test and reaction test.
With people knocked out at each stage.

I've got passes in those so need to email them and see where I stand. Thanks mate!

david_VI

I also passed all the assessments.. But I thought the assessments have changed so maybe we have to start from the bottom again? I haven't got a letter yet but was under the impression i'd get right through to managers interview if the old tests still stand.

I would very much like Sallys email address too as GA have been next to useless getting back to me with my last manager interview feedback.. Really getting fed up!

SPADTrap

Established Member
I also passed all the assessments.. But I thought the assessments have changed so maybe we have to start from the bottom again? I haven't got a letter yet but was under the impression i'd get right through to managers interview if the old tests still stand.

I would very much like Sallys email address too as GA have been next to useless getting back to me with my last manager interview feedback.. Really getting fed up!

I've passed the tea occ also as part of the new system too so need to find out about that too. Whether they accept old passes is down to the TOCs discretion.

outseyuk

It appears they do.

I did my assessments with GA in September (old Style) they called me to arrange a DM interview next month.

outseyuk

Thanks SPADTrap.

I originally applied for their August Ilford Depot Driver ad. Assumed I'd get an interview fairly quickly but when chasing them up they said they weren't taking on new drivers till 2014. Obviously since then they've had ads for Colchester/Clacton and Drivers for Cambridge/Stortford.

Does anyone know why they advertise for Trainee Drivers as it seems that even though i asked I've only only been considered for Depot ?

david_VI

It appears they do.

I did my assessments with GA in September (old Style) they called me to arrange a DM interview next month.

When did they call? Surely should be the same for me. I applied through the site as normal and was told by the old HR that it would be flagged up that I had already passed and would go straight to DMI.

outseyuk

When did they call? Surely should be the same for me. I applied through the site as normal and was told by the old HR that it would be flagged up that I had already passed and would go straight to DMI.

I emailed them straight after the last ad went up and ensured I was still on thie minds. They said my application would be picked up from where it left off.

They then called me on Tuesday afternoon (I think).

SPADTrap

Established Member
I emailed them straight after the last ad went up and ensured I was still on thie minds. They said my application would be picked up from where it left off.

They then called me on Tuesday afternoon (I think).

What email did you use? Can you PM me it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.