• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Mainline/Depot Driver (24/3/23)

Samzino

Sorry but why did you need the screen shots of the questions then?
So you didn't know the reason why but derived that apparently questions = answers = pass ? Could you explain how one is guaranteed the pass with the questions in the sense you wrote prior before?

Since apparently its judge Judy here. I already closed out previously to keep the thread moving but it seems you want to keep whatever this is going.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

R2d270474

So you didn't know the reason why but derived that apparently questions = answers = pass ? Could you explain how one is guaranteed the pass with the questions in the sense you wrote prior before?

Since apparently its judge Judy here. I already closed out previously to keep the thread moving but it seems you want to keep whatever this is going.

Well if one is good enough and has enough ability to answer the question, they will not need screenshots of the questions to pass.

Samzino

Well if one is good enough and has enough ability to answer the question, they will not need screenshots of the questions to pass.
You're assuming the questions once again will grant a pass or the questions given give an advantage to Revise them? Without the 4 options included of which still need to be picked from most to least I'm not sure what you're eluding too hence why it's best anyway to ignore it.

I had my reasons for asking which I've gotten anyway and with the sjt I'd definitely have said screenshot all your answers if what you suggest was the case which wouldn't mean anything as you could have picked options that score completely low for the sift.

Hence why getting your boxers in a twist is laughable as whether it was answers or questions at the end of the day GA scores whatever options are picked behind closed doors for the Sift, with most options often looking sensible enough depending on the "person".

Anyhow before this thread is dragged to the doldrums of ****e. Let the driver application games continue to the next stage, good luck all.

Last edited:

Aviator88

Rules on what? If asking for rules the same would apply for many information readily provided here and thus that doesn't mean someone picks the same answers as its what you inevitably pick from most to least. People have asked for MMI questions, etc before.

Unless most here are assuming they know the exact answers from the questions that will help the sift I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but not to ruffle any more feathers, got home from work to have a look at it.

The issue is twofold - morality and copyright.

Copyright is self explanatory. As for it being morally dubious, although there is no time limit to completing the SJT, it's possible that time taken to complete it is a factor used to sort the wheat from the chaff. Having prior knowledge of the questions would therefore present an unfair advantage.

Tysoe

Rules on what? If asking for rules the same would apply for many information readily provided here and thus that doesn't mean someone picks the same answers as its what you inevitably pick from most to least. People have asked for MMI questions, etc before.

Unless most here are assuming they know the exact answers from the questions that will help the sift I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but not to ruffle any more feathers, got home from work to have a look at it.
The terms and conditions that you accept at the beginning of the test state that you agree not to pass on any information about the test and doing so may terminate your application.

You've then asked someone to make a copy of the questions and post them on a forum which alot of candidates will be a part of.

Asking for advice or examples of questions is one thing but what you suggested would compromise someone's application to benefit yourself.

I was just suggesting a rule against that

R2d270474

You're assuming the questions once again will grant a pass or the questions given give an advantage to Revise them? Without the 4 options included of which still need to be picked from most to least I'm not sure what you're eluding too hence why it's best anyway to ignore it.

I had my reasons for asking which I've gotten anyway and with the sjt I'd definitely have said screenshot all your answers if what you suggest was the case which wouldn't mean anything as you could have picked options that score completely low for the sift.

Hence why getting your boxers in a twist is laughable as whether it was answers or questions at the end of the day GA scores whatever options are picked behind closed doors for the Sift, with most options often looking sensible enough depending on the "person".

Anyhow before this thread is dragged to the doldrums of ****e. Let the driver application games continue to the next stage, good luck all.
What’s laughable is that you don’t even listen to what you are saying.

LewRaz

This thread is getting derailed a bit.. Perhaps that discussion could be had somewhere else.

Samzino

What’s laughable is that you don’t even listen to what you are saying.
The issue is twofold - morality and copyright.

Copyright is self explanatory. As for it being morally dubious, although there is no time limit to completing the SJT, it's possible that time taken to complete it is a factor used to sort the wheat from the chaff. Having prior knowledge of the questions would therefore present an unfair advantage.
This could be true but it would definitely be fair to count that this has been taken into account and thus mitigated by the whole point of the SJT in which that unless you have knowledge of the exact specifics to pass aka like time factor, the highest scoring combinations of the bunch etc it's there still isn't a clear advantage if any very minor.

As for the questions doubt they could copyright questions but who knows these days. Anyway the fact some in the thread from yesterday are still obsessed with proving some unknown advantage is bemost me. As the honorable gentle has said below
This thread is getting derailed a bit.. Perhaps that discussion could be had somewhere else.
Dms are more than welcomed for those who feel hard done somehow :lol:

R2d270474

Oh you just love spinning your words. But not once have you said why you wanted to see a screen shot of the questions.

Spincity

This could be true but it would definitely be fair to count that this has been taken into account and thus mitigated by the whole point of the SJT in which that unless you have knowledge of the exact specifics to pass aka like time factor, the highest scoring combinations of the bunch etc it's there still isn't a clear advantage if any very minor.

As for the questions doubt they could copyright questions but who knows these days. Anyway the fact some in the thread from yesterday are still obsessed with proving some unknown advantage is bemost me. As the honorable gentle has said below

Dms are more than welcomed for those who feel hard done somehow :lol:
Is it just not possible some people can just sit a test without being spoon feed absolutely everything. The SJT is what your actions would be in a situation. Why would a candidate want to screen shot their screen, why a candidate needs to sit with other people and have a collective return on the answers. Just log in and do it…not adding anything else to this exchange, bored

Samzino

Oh you just love spinning your words. But not once have you said why you wanted to see a screen shot of the questions.
Yes and thus why I'm sure the other many applicants I'm sure that have seen this thread and have done the logical thing by going about their day without being wrapped up in assumptions :lol:

You have no idea why I wanted the SJT questions and yet your assumption hasn't been proven in the case of how it provides an advantage in the way you define spoon-fed either.

Hence why I literally already said move on but for some reason you specifically(I'm sure the others have realised aswell by now to just move on) want to keep dragging a mute point about.

If I wanted Answers wouldn't I clearly just say screenshot those and assume that was the case how does that still guarantee a pass? Unless ofc you are the GA staff managing the process then I'd have to question a lot in that case.

Doubt part of being a ideal train driver is acting based on assumptions without proof and due process. Maybe ofc the ideals for a driver has changed now :)

R2d270474

Yes and thus why I'm sure the other many applicants I'm sure that have seen this thread and have done the logical thing by going about their day without being wrapped up in assumptions :lol:

You have no idea why I wanted the SJT questions and yet your assumption hasn't been proven in the case of how it provides an advantage in the way you define spoon-fed either.

Hence why I literally already said move on but for some reason you specifically(I'm sure the others have realised aswell by now to just move on) want to keep dragging a mute point about.

If I wanted Answers wouldn't I clearly just say screenshot those and assume that was the case how does that still guarantee a pass? Unless ofc you are the GA staff managing the process then I'd have to question a lot in that case.

Doubt part of being a ideal train driver is acting based on assumptions without proof and due process. Maybe ofc the ideals for a driver has changed now :)
Ok. But why do you need the screen shots of the SJT.

Shrimpercj

Just completed my SJT, pretty straight forward & common sense should rule. Whats the next step if successful, would that be online testing with OPC?

Adrian_london

I'm NOT asking for any kind of screenshots of the SJT's.

Can someone give me an example of one of the type of questions of the SJT.

Is it something like "There are kids on the platform messing about. Your train is ready to depart. What do you do?"
A) Ignore them
B) Call the signaller
c) Run them over

Samzino

Is it something like "There are kids on the platform messing about. Your train is ready to depart. What do you do?"
A) Ignore them
B) Call the signaller
c) Run them over
missing a D question and that also the SJTs are mostly giving you options that all almost sound as good as the other options just with slight but important deviations

Just completed my SJT, pretty straight forward & common sense should rule. Whats the next step if successful, would that be online testing with OPC?
Would be as far as im aware with my other app with them then the assessment day booking

Adrian_london

missing a D question and that also the SJTs are mostly giving you options that all almost sound as good as the other options just with slight but important deviations

Would be as far as im aware with my other app with them then the assessment day booking
Thank you for your quick response Samzino.

Is it a timed assessment or do you have as long as you need per question?

Hi @Samzino

I have sent you a PM. Cheers

Adrian

LewRaz

A) Ignore them
B) Call the signaller
c) Run them over

You do get shown a sample before beginning. You are also told several times not to take screenshots or record any part of the process.
You are right that you are offered some choices and must pick your preference from them. Unlike other companies which ask you to rank the answers.

It is only natural to want to know what you are going into because it is potentially an unknown. It is meant to be like that to get honest reactions from participants. There is plenty of explanation before you begin the process and no time constraints. Relax, read the information given and react accordingly.

Adrian_london

You do get shown a sample before beginning. You are also told several times not to take screenshots or record any part of the process.
You are right that you are offered some choices and must pick your preference from them. Unlike other companies which ask you to rank the answers.

It is only natural to want to know what you are going into because it is potentially an unknown. It is meant to be like that to get honest reactions from participants. There is plenty of explanation before you begin the process and no time constraints. Relax, read the information given and react accordingly.
Thank you

Fahim

Hi,

are the OPC assessments for GA enhanced or national level?

Thanks

R2d270474

Surely you can't be this obsessed :lol:
Still deflecting and not answering

Hi,

are the OPC assessments for GA enhanced or national level?

Thanks
Enhanced with DFFT

Thank you for your quick response Samzino.

Is it a timed assessment or do you have as long as you need per question?

Hi @Samzino

I have sent you a PM. Cheers

Adrian
Not timed and you can look at the questions for as long as you want and not need screen shots

No there is no D

MattLDempsey

Received the email following my applicaiton so going to get the first steps done in a few days.

Question: I've just completed the first tests with Freightliner. My understand is the OPC is a centralized system for testing on behalf of the train companies..
Is there any way my GA application would affect my Freightliner application, or vise versa?

Spincity

Received the email following my applicaiton so going to get the first steps done in a few days.

Question: I've just completed the first tests with Freightliner. My understand is the OPC is a centralized system for testing on behalf of the train companies..
Is there any way my GA application would affect my Freightliner application, or vise versa?
In short potentially yes, if you have sat the same tests the newest test becomes the current versions, so it can have a serious impact on an application if it does not meet the existing TOCs standards. However you won’t be able to resit any of the tests within 6 months. Not certain what tests/timescale you are referring to, so makes it a bit hard to answer

Samzino

Still deflecting and not answering
Surely you're bored by now :lol:

What OPC tests you haven't done will be done on assessment day when that stage comes around for you. They in most cases will take what you've passed on assuming it meets their criteria and is within 3 years from the pass date.

R2d270474

Surely you're bored by now :lol:

What OPC tests you haven't done will be done on assessment day when that stage comes around for you. They in most cases will take what you've passed on assuming it meets their criteria and is within 3 years from the pass date.
Not even close

Greeny1

Hi guys,

I just want to wish every one of you success. I applied the previous time over a year and a half ago, passed my SJT, and then waited. Eventually, time ran out, and I was referred to the new position advertised. I received my SJT test e-mail, lots happened, and I realized I had passed the elapsed time for completing it. I'm unsure where the time went, but alas, I missed it. I'm not holding out any hope, but I will reach out, as there's no harm in trying. Likely, I will just have to wait for the next vacancy as I appreciate every step is important, whenever that will be. Please keep us posted on your journey to becoming a trainee train driver. Good luck. Steve.

fjh1234

I have recently completed my application and SJT online assesment and was wondering if anyone has heard back yet?