• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maka

Like a few others here, I found out that I passed my SJT (delighted because I thought I'd failed) but HR did say it is going to take months for them to get through all the applicants. They're really good on the chat feature. Patience is a ....
Having trouble with Chat, doesn’t seem to be working properly. Anyone had issues with it and if so, managed to resolve?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I couldn't get it to work on my Ipad. I tried signing in to it several times with no luck. It appeared signed in next time I used the site and let me type and send a message in the box but no one responded. However, I received an email later with a response to the question I had typed in. If you're having problems with it I would email your question - they seem to have a very responsive team at recruitment: [email protected]

Maka

I couldn't get it to work on my Ipad. I tried signing in to it several times with no luck. It appeared signed in next time I used the site and let me type and send a message in the box but no one responded. However, I received an email later with a response to the question I had typed in. If you're having problems with it I would email your question - they seem to have a very responsive team at recruitment: [email protected]
Thanks. I did email them on Tues 21st but unfortunately still no response.

train_lover

I'm curious to know what score people got on their application especially those who have been sent for driver testing?

Lee Saunders

Like a few others here, I found out that I passed my SJT (delighted because I thought I'd failed) but HR did say it is going to take months for them to get through all the applicants. They're really good on the chat feature. Patience is a ....

Well done for passing the SJT. I went on the live chat and it said it was unavailable at this time. Just gave me another email address for any assistance, so emailed them but as you would expect haven’t heard nothing back.

train_lover

Well done for passing the SJT. I went on the live chat and it said it was unavailable at this time. Just gave me another email address for any assistance, so emailed them but as you would expect haven’t heard nothing back.
What score did you get on the application? M

Twotwo

It's Bank Holiday Monday so doubt anyone is in the office lol

Lee Saunders

Lee if you go back to your application by logging on it has your score at the top fella. They seem to range between 10-12
Oh right lol. I thought they score you just on the SJT. Do you know what the score is to pass on the application? Cheers.

Tony Nice

Hello all.

I got a 9 score on my application

I’ve done the online assessment and passed according to Jarrod I think was his name on the live chat option. I’ve a feeling they may have shut that down

He said I’m through to the sifting stage even with a score of 9.

Good luck to everyone who got 9 and above

Lee Saunders

Hello all.

I’ve done the online assessment and passed according to Jarrod I think was his name on the live chat option. I’ve a feeling they may have shut that down

Good here and well done
Hello all.

Great well done, how do you get your application back up? Just says assessment completed but nothing else.

Last edited:

Tony Nice

Should you wish to log back into the system to monitor where your application is in our recruitment process, please login here http://apply.greateranglia.co.uk/vacancies/profile/

this is an email i got from them right back after my application was submitted, if you click on the link you might get there
add you're email and password and it will give your score at the top of your application, let me know if you can manage it and tell me your score cheers M8

Lee Saunders

Good here and well done

Great well done, how do you get your application back up?
Should you wish to log back into the system to monitor where your application is in our recruitment process, please login here http://apply.greateranglia.co.uk/vacancies/profile/

this is an email i got from them right back after my application was submitted, if you click on the link you might get there
add you're email and password and it will give your score at the top of your application, let me know if you can manage it and tell me your score cheers M8
Thats great thank you, just clicked the link and brought my application up. Unfortunately I only scored a 9, I’m hoping that’s good enough for a pass still.But hoping my SJT assessment was a better score, I didn’t even realise we being scored on the application I thought it was just SJT.

Last edited:

DmdBey

Let's hope we all start to hear some news soon from 2moro! Was there not a few guys who had said they'd already been invited to an assessment day on the 31st???

Mabs

I applied in Dec 2018 and got a score of 10 and was unsuccessful and applied again this Apr 2019 and got a score of 9 and the application says Under consideration. What is all that about??? Anyone got any ideas???

Fahmed

Hi All,

Just spoke to an agent on the live chat about my application, apparently I have passed the SJT and i'll proceed onto the next stage if I am shortlisted and should be contacted about this in the next few months. According to the agent, shortlisting is based on a variety of things including SJT score, notice period, location and when the courses run throughout the year. Apparently courses run every couple of months between depot and mainline courses.

I've also been told that if I haven't heard anything then I can apply again after 6 months.

Hope you find that useful!

izik

Hi
just finished on line chat , that what they sent me:
Okay so I can confirm that you have passed the online assessment and that we are currently in the process of shortlisting, if you are successful we will be in contact. Due to the high number of candidates this may take up to a few months, if you haven't heard from us after 6 months from applying you will need to reapply due to GDPR.

Lee Saunders

Every time I try any use online chat it never works, just says unavailable at this time and gives me a recruitment email to contact. Anyone else having the same problem?

Fahmed

Every time I try any use online chat it never works, just says unavailable at this time and gives me a recruitment email to contact. Anyone else having the same problem?
Try a different browser? I used chrome, typed in my name and email address and clicked join, it seemed like nothing happened at first but then a blank chat loaded up and I typed in my question and someone replied back

Lee Saunders

Try a different browser? I used chrome, typed in my name and email address and clicked join, it seemed like nothing happened at first but then a blank chat loaded up and I typed in my question and someone replied back
Ok will try that, did you do that on your phone? Reason I ask my laptop is playing up so would be a lot easier lol.

Fahmed

Ok will try that, did you do that on your phone? Reason I ask my laptop is playing up so would be a lot easier lol.
Nope I did it on a PC. I've just tried to do it on my phone, the live chat bit pops up but I can't enter my details, give it a try though.

Termy

I applied on 10th April, 2019 for London Liverpool Street (having already completed Stage 1, and Stage 2+MMI with another TOC in the last 3 months), and have a score of 11 on the application (not sure this means much, given other responses here!) and completed my SJT on 12th April, haven't heard anything back since. :) I'd like to assume this is because they are busy arranging Stage 1/Stage 2+MMI assessments for people, and I'll be brought into the fold once interviews start happening.

UPS1550

I applied for the east Midlands trainee driver position and just got the dreaded "unfortunately due to high volume" Email this morning :'( if abellio are taking over the franchise would that count against me for my main line / depot application here at all? :(

NJS71

I’ve just had an email from GA asking if I have done any or all of the psychometric tests. I haven’t so I’ve no need to reply to the email.

Anyone else had this email?

I’ve passed SJT 1 month ago.

I wonder if it means I’m in the running for assessments now....... Hope so.

Termy

Just had this email myself, as if by magic literally 28 minutes after my forum post... :) Time to reply and confirm my passes!
Now that I think about it (and also double-check my PDF copy of my application), I am 100% sure that I included this information when I first applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.