• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpercj

I’ve just had an email from GA asking if I have done any or all of the psychometric tests. I haven’t so I’ve no need to reply to the email.

Anyone else had this email?

I’ve passed SJT 1 month ago.

I wonder if it means I’m in the running for assessments now....... Hope so.
Yes I had this today also, I haven't done any tests so haven't replied

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

I’ve just had an email from GA asking if I have done any or all of the psychometric tests. I haven’t so I’ve no need to reply to the email.

Got this email 2-3 weeks back for depot driver. Know I’ve just received the same email asking same questions for the mainline positions

Mekiz79

Yeah I got the email too and have replied that I passed both stage 1 & 2 previously. Although I did put this in my application so I'm a but confused as to why the need to ask this again, lol

izik

just receive same email.

Theooboy

I’m thinking of applying for this but waiting for my MMI results , one of my mates got an email today he has passed all the tests so he should only be waiting for an DMI

James987

Hi all,

Like most I have spoken to someone on the live chat who confirmed I have passed the SJT. I also just received the email asking if I had passed the psychometric tests previously. Around 5-6 years ago I applied to be a conductor with greater anglia and went down to the centre in Stratford and completed a series of test which I passed all of and then failed on the role play at the end of the day. Does anyone know if these are the same tests and whether they count? I’m guessing not but thought I would ask the question. Also for those discussing their application score, I too got a score of 12.

Thanks

Termy

Around 5-6 years ago I applied to be a conductor with greater anglia and went down to the centre in Stratford and completed a series of test which I passed all of and then failed on the role play at the end of the day. Does anyone know if these are the same tests and whether they count? I’m guessing not but thought I would ask the question.

The assessment centres and assessments that Conductors undertake are considered vastly different from the ones that Train Drivers undertake, so I believe that won't count. :) They, if I recall correctly, are only looking to confirm whether you have attended the specific Train Driver assessments.
Hope this helps!

NJS71

Hi all,

Like most I have spoken to someone on the live chat who confirmed I have passed the SJT. I also just received the email asking if I had passed the psychometric tests previously. Around 5-6 years ago I applied to be a conductor with greater anglia and went down to the centre in Stratford and completed a series of test which I passed all of and then failed on the role play at the end of the day. Does anyone know if these are the same tests and whether they count? I’m guessing not but thought I would ask the question. Also for those discussing their application score, I too got a score of 12.

Thanks

I think it will be a no they don’t count.
But
If it were me I’d email them and ask.

TheGoldfish

I received 2 emails like this at the beginning of May. One for my mainline driver application and a second for the depot driver role.

Today I received a further email asking the same again for the Mainline Driver role.... ??? I did the ST 1 & 2 with GWR last year.
Sent the same reply off again this afternoon ... so wait and see what they come back with?

Lee Saunders

7DD7A68A-B7F2-43D7-98DE-30CECE6D4604.png I got this earlier. Thought it might have been the SJT result lol. Could be waiting a while I think but they are shortlisting applications so fingers crossed everyone.

Lee Saunders

Is there anyway you can get the live chat on your phone? I’ve tried it on google chrome and it appears but you can’t actually type as it’s overlapping the previous page. So annoying lol I just want to find out my SJT results. And my laptop has now given up.

Last edited:

UPS1550

Is there anyway you can get the live chat on your phone? I’ve tried it on google chrome and it appears but you can’t actually type as it’s overlapping the previous page. So annoying lol I just want to find out my SJT results. And my laptop has now given up.
Same with me, chrome on Android, set to desktop mode, not perfect but it works

Mabs

I got the same email on the 2nd of May and nothing since then.

Lee Saunders

I’ve finally managed to get on live chat and I’ve passed. William who was the one messaging me said the next stage is assessments in Stratford assessment centre. He said this could take a couple of months. Just a waiting game now.

Spacegirl

Hello
I’ve recently applied for the maineline position and I’m waiting to hear back, I have done the sjt. I wanted to ask what happens at the assessment centre? What will we be doing? And do we only get one attempt while we are there?
Please if someone could help me as I am not sure what happens and I want to be prepared
Thanks

Termy

Hello
I’ve recently applied for the maineline position and I’m waiting to hear back, I have done the sjt. I wanted to ask what happens at the assessment centre? What will we be doing? And do we only get one attempt while we are there?
Please if someone could help me as I am not sure what happens and I want to be prepared
Thanks

If you progress to the assessment centre, you'll be emailed the correct and best(ish) resources to practice with. I wouldn't worry until you have this!
You will only have one attempt per assessment at the one centre, and in total you'll have two lives (two attempts ever) to get through the assessment centres. If you fail an assessment, you'll need to wait at least six months before you can apply again.
There is a Group Bourdon tool on this forum you can download for practising the concentration test. Hope this all helps! :)

Spacegirl

If you progress to the assessment centre, you'll be emailed the correct and best(ish) resources to practice with. I wouldn't worry until you have this!
You will only have one attempt per assessment at the one centre, and in total you'll have two lives (two attempts ever) to get through the assessment centres. If you fail an assessment, you'll need to wait at least six months before you can apply again.
There is a Group Bourdon tool on this forum you can download for practising the concentration test. Hope this all helps! :)

Yes thank you for replying lol was getting a bit awkward, I thought no one was going to reply

Lee Saunders

Does anyone know why GA train drivers salary is quite low compared to other companies? I understand that Mainline drivers get less than tube but it says when qualified it’s £29k a year. And Once you get Mainline driver license can you transfer to tfl aka tube? Thanks.

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Does anyone know why GA train drivers salary is quite low compared to other companies? I understand that Mainline drivers get less than tube but it says when qualified it’s £29k a year. And Once you get Mainline driver license can you transfer to tfl aka tube? Thanks.
The qualified salary will be about £50k. £29k will be the training salary (Although that’s quite high for a training salary, even if that’s for the duration of the training). Below is a link to the Aslef site...

https://www.aslef.org.uk/article.php?group_id=3355

Tony Nice

I’ve finally managed to get on live chat and I’ve passed. William who was the one messaging me said the next stage is assessments in Stratford assessment centre. He said this could take a couple of months. Just a waiting game now.
Hello Lee
Did he say you were actually through and they are going to give you a date for stage 1 assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.