• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grimsby Town Platform one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1

So I have noticed that Grimsby Town platform one for the past week or so has not been used, normally this platform would be used for all services heading for Cleethorpes but now they all seem to go in on Platform 2, does anybody know of a reason why this is? May just be a problem with the line on platform 1 which is awaiting repair?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
So I have noticed that Grimsby Town platform one for the past week or so has not been used, normally this platform would be used for all services heading for Cleethorpes but now they all seem to go in on Platform 2, does anybody know of a reason why this is? May just be a problem with the line on platform 1 which is awaiting repair?
I believe the set of points at the Cleethorpes end were ran through during some sort of failure a few weeks back, as such they are now clipped for the line through platform 2 until they can be repaired or replaced.

SteveyBee131

It was indeed a points failure that caused platform 1 to be out of use, on a Friday afternoon/evening a couple of weeks ago. It must be a pretty major fault as in the past points failures I've been aware of have been resolved within a few days at most.

That being said, platform 2 has signalling allowing for bi-directional working and the timetable just about allows for it as long as everything is running well. It can fall apart pretty quickly though if not! But if a full replacement is required, then it will need a possession with no trains running into platforms 1 and 2, perhaps even the full station. I'd imagine it would need longer than the 6 hours overnight in the usual timetable, which would therefore need a lot of planning, orchestrating and choreography!

Rich_D3167

Grimsby Town Platform 1 back in use today, so looks like the points have been either repaired or replaced. Overnight possession did overrun slightly, causing a few cancellations, but back to normal now by the looks of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.