• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ground Staff - DC Railfreight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRes

Established Member
For anyone that may be interested DCR are currently advertising for Ground Staff in the Greater London / Home Counties area, the details can be found on their website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Just bumping this thread for anyone that may be interested but hasn't yet seen it, applications close on Friday 9th

ExRes

Established Member
I applied. Didn’t hear anything back.

A few years back it was always basic business practice to acknowledge receipt of all communications, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case these days, hopefully they are doing that and simply not acknowledging anyone until the close date, best of luck to you

Sammy2019

A few years back it was always basic business practice to acknowledge receipt of all communications, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case these days, hopefully they are doing that and simply not acknowledging anyone until the close date, best of luck to you

thanks mate. I got a generic reply back just to say they recieved it but haven’t heard anything since. Hopefully there still reviewing applications.

ExRes

Established Member
thanks mate. I got a generic reply back just to say they recieved it but haven’t heard anything since. Hopefully there still reviewing applications.

Good to know they got your application anyway, I guess they're weighing up the number and quality of applicants

ExRes

Established Member
Do you work for DC?

No I don't, sadly I'm a bit too long in the tooth for that now but having been an EWS driver a few years back I'd have gone for DCR like a shot, I reckon they have as good a chance as any company now that they are part of Cappagh, I've a feeling you won't regret it if you get in, play your cards right and you could be driving 60s rather than hooking them up in future

Sammy2019

No I don't, sadly I'm a bit too long in the tooth for that now but having been an EWS driver a few years back I'd have gone for DCR like a shot, I reckon they have as good a chance as any company now that they are part of Cappagh, I've a feeling you won't regret it if you get in, play your cards right and you could be driving 60s rather than hooking them up in future

job looks good to be honest. Though not sure they will progress me without me having rail experience. I know it says it’s Desirable and not essential but I imagine companies can be picky these days.

ExRes

Established Member
job looks good to be honest. Though not sure they will progress me without me having rail experience. I know it says it’s Desirable and not essential but I imagine companies can be picky these days.

I reckon it's all about attitude these days, if you show enough positive attitude and a will to succeed I think that gives you a better than evens chance

Lilist

I got a rejection email from them. If you've not heard from them yet perhaps you're still under consideration? Good luck anyway!

Ldn13

As the advert was for the Greater London / Home Counties area I would imagine the new Wembley Hub would be the most likely base
Yea that’s what I was thinking, not sure where else in London it would be.
I got a rejection email from them. If you've not heard from them yet perhaps you're still under consideration? Good luck anyway!
Yea hopefully! Good luck to whatever you apply for next.

ExRes

Established Member
Yea that’s what I was thinking, not sure where else in London it would be.
I'm sure you've checked out the DCR website, there is one piece of info on there stating "Further sites will follow in South West London, South East London and Leicester", so if you're London based there should be plenty of opportunities for you, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.