• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Groupsave inconsistently Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellhouse

I recently discovered that LNER do not offer Groupsave fares for TOCs that offer them on their own websites (TPE and GTR Thameslink). TPE will offer a Thameslink Groupsave fare, but Trainsplit won't, so it's not a case of Groupsave being restricted to TOCs' own websites, and nor is it just about LNER.

I haven't conducted a thorough test of all TOCs, but this a policy Impartial Retailing issue, or a technical Booking Engine glitch?

For anyone wishing to check, the journeys concerned are Huddersfield-Scarborough and Harlington-St Pancras.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
TrainSplit does offer Thameslink groupsave, but you have to select "Groupsave" as the railcard. This will be automatic in the next version, though.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There really needs to be a national GroupSave scheme and a national way of showing it.
Yes but this isn't going to happen; it does not suit the agendas of certain TOCs. Can you imagine XC agreeing to this?! No chance. I think we have had threads on this before.
LNER uses this appoach as well, what you really need to check is that Groupsave isn't offered on TOCs that it isn't valid on.
Providing you stick to the itinerary provided at the time of booking it's not the customers concern; this should be taken into account by the booking engine.

GroupSave data isn't perfect, and there can be issues with incorrect issuing of GroupSave tickets, however if a retailer does issue a ticket with an itinerary/reservation for an operator that doesn't accept it, then the customer should not be charged any extra; a Ticket Irregularity Report (TIR) should be issued instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.