• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR fare increase in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz

I regularly travel between two GTR stations, in early March the return price increased by 80p a day (Which I was expecting), but since last week the price according to journey planners has risen by a further 49%

Has there been a further fare increase this week?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
What is the journey and ticket in question, and are you using any Railcards or other discounts?

Are you booking for travel for 11 June and beyond?

Muzz

I was buying a return from East Croydon or West Croydon to Drayton Park, routed via either CITY TL/SURREY Q, which was £13.90 (not using any discounts or railcards) but the fare for tomorrow morning appears to be £20.70

m00036

£20.70 is the any permitted route, £13.90 should still be the CITY TL/SURREY Q routing - do you have a screenshot of the journey planners?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It's part of a split journey, so I don't get off the train
What are the full details of your journey? You'll get the best advice if you provide us with the full picture :)

Muzz

Horsham to Drayton Park, normally I buy Horsham to Gatwick, Gatwick to East / West Croydon, and then Croydon to Drayton Park. Taking the Thameslink train from Horsham to Finsbury Park, then changing to Great Northern to Drayton Park

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I was buying a return from East Croydon or West Croydon to Drayton Park, routed via either CITY TL/SURREY Q
Strictly not a fare set by GTR, but actually set by ATOC / Rail Delivery Group, in common with other fares wholly within the London Zones.

Last edited:

father_jack

Even today the National rail website tries to sell a £15.20 off peak travelcard rather than the SDR.

miklcct

On Moderation
There has recently been a post on the Routeing Guide update thread about the messing up of City Thameslink / Surrey Quays route, and I believe this is an affected journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.