• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc23

I am new here and wanted to thank everyone for the great advise and resources on the forum.

I have attended a DMI for a trainee role with GTR in Gillingham and had a couple of questions (maybe for anyone who has already started training?):

1) Where is the training held? Is there a single location which the classroom based training is located at or are there multiple locations?
2) What is the parking situation like in Gillingham, I am not able to see a lot of parking locally? Is there parking planned at the new depot?
3) What routes will new drivers be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tracerboy

Hi I also attended a DMI for Gillingham, there are around 130 spaces at the station with a car park across the road as well.

Have they told you if you passed the DMI yet?

I did here that training would have to be done at other stations due to no room as of yet at Gillingham.

Scattle

I am new here and wanted to thank everyone for the great advise and resources on the forum.

I have attended a DMI for a trainee role with GTR in Gillingham and had a couple of questions (maybe for anyone who has already started training?):

1) Where is the training held? Is there a single location which the classroom based training is located at or are there multiple locations?
2) What is the parking situation like in Gillingham, I am not able to see a lot of parking locally? Is there parking planned at the new depot?
3) What routes will new drivers be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help in advance.
Classroom Training will be held at Cannon Steet, London.

Parking is apparently being sorted at the moment as the current amount of spaces available is not enough.

Heard routes will eventually be, Rainham - Cambridge, Rainham - Luton, but that's not definite.

cc23

Thank you Tracerboy, yes have heard back and passed the DMI, how did you get on? Have you heard back?

Thanks Scattle very helpful information.

tracerboy

Did you apply for gtr 1017 trainee train driver yeah, when did they tell you if don't mind asking, congratulations for passing it.

ComUtoR

Established Member

Multiple locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.