• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR internal job transfer process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nys18

I wonder if anyone can assist?

I recently applied for an internal vacancy with GTR and was verbally contacted by the recruiter, informing me that I was succesful and that they would like to offer me the role with a training start date of September. I advised that I will be definitely taking the position and they stated they need to finalise the paperwork before sending it all over. This was last week.

I'm excited to start and just want the contract for my own sanity so it's that it's official but don't want to keep contacting them and seem over eager or annoying

Any idea of how long the process may take?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

king_walnut

Nothing is fast when it comes to the recruitment department of any TOC. You've been told you've got the job and been given a start date so that's pretty solid.

You may well be waiting until a couple of weeks before your start date before the contract and whatever comes though. Don't stress.

Sly Sloth

I recently applied for an internal vacancy with GTR and was verbally contacted by the recruiter, informing me that I was succesful and that they would like to offer me the role with a training start date of September. I advised that I will be definitely taking the position and they stated they need to finalise the paperwork before sending it all over. This was last week.

I'm excited to start and just want the contract for my own sanity so it's that it's official but don't want to keep contacting them and seem over eager or annoying

Thanks.
When my ex became a guard from platforms she had the contract almost straight away. Id email or call and make sure everything is ok or you may find out they give the place to someone else!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Thanks.

Only last week - seems you've got a while to wait! Railway recruitment is notoriously slow

As it's internal, I think it should be easier to contact HR/recruitment team than others so maybe give them a nudge next week.

galwhv69

I'm awaiting a contract with GTR and got an email recently stating that they are very busy with July starters, and will try and sort September ones from next week, but that I haven't been forgotten about

nys18

I'm pleased to announce that I've recieved my contract. Looking forward to starting!

I'm awaiting a contract with GTR and got an email recently stating that they are very busy with July starters, and will try and sort September ones from next week, but that I haven't been forgotten about
May I ask what role you will be starting in?

galwhv69

@nys18 I'm doing the Business and Admin Apprenticeship at the Rail Operations Centre :)
(Sorry, I can't quote posts on mobile for some reason as it keeps glitching and multiplying the blank space)

Status
Not open for further replies.