• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - shunter application

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewArrival

Did anyone else apply for the 'Future Shunter vacancies - Various Locations
Reference: GTR/1072' positions which were advertised by Govia Thameslink recently?
They were apparently looking for staff at Bedford, Cricklewood, Peterborough, Welwyn & Letchworth. The closing date was August 12th. I applied back in July and have heard nothing since. Anyone else? Does it always take ages?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
I don't know about that specific role, but they probably wouldn't have even started looking at applications until after the closing date, so it is not surprising you haven't heard anything back yet.

Rohjam

Reference: GTR/1072' positions which were advertised by Govia Thameslink recently?
They were apparently looking for staff at Bedford, Cricklewood, Peterborough, Welwyn & Letchworth. The closing date was August 12th. I applied back in July and have heard nothing since. Anyone else? Does it always take ages?
Hello I have applied for the GTR/1072 Shunter driver role. I undertook my assessment on the 2 Sept 2016 and successfully pass that stage. I am now waiting for my interview with GTR at this stage. have you had any reply as of yet?

NewArrival

Hello I have applied for the GTR/1072 Shunter driver role. I undertook my assessment on the 2 Sept 2016 and successfully pass that stage. I am now waiting for my interview with GTR at this stage. have you had any reply as of yet?

hi - yes I have been asked to attend an assessment in Croydon later on this month. Fingers crossed, and good luck with the interview what that happens.

steviebuk

Anyone know what the salary is after training and the shift allowance for Bedford?

NewArrival

Happy to say I passed the assessment in Croydon - interview stage is next...:D

steviebuk

Well I've been offered the post pending a medical next week. Starting the coarse on the 14 Nov. Anyone else been successful?

NewArrival

Well I've been offered the post pending a medical next week. Starting the coarse on the 14 Nov. Anyone else been successful?

I passed the interview stage and am currently awaiting news on what happens next. I'm hoping for the Peterborough depot. Hope it doesn't take too long!

Snowy

Same as you NewArrival - I've had E-mail confirmation that I've passed the interview and I'm on the list for when the vacancies become available. The next step is a phone call from them to do the medical. Also hope it doesn't take too long!

Stevebuk - how long did it take for them to phone you after the interview? Good luck at Bedford, I've applied for Letchworth & Welwyn.

LukeyP77

I passed the interview stage and am currently awaiting news on what happens next. I'm hoping for the Peterborough depot. Hope it doesn't take too long!

I am currently in the same position and I'm hoping for Peterborough depot also

Matt-the-mutt

So has anyone started in this role yet at any yards?

A little bird tells me they have interviewed again for this position and added more to those ever extending waiting lists~

NewArrival

So has anyone started in this role yet at any yards?

A little bird tells me they have interviewed again for this position and added more to those ever extending waiting lists~

I'm still on the waiting list - be interested to know how many others are too

Snowy

I'm still on the waiting list - be interested to know how many others are too

Yep, just got to be patient. I don't expect to hear anything until next year now.
I've heard January as a rumour, but I also heard November was a possibility and that never happened.
I know somebody who works at one of the depots I've applied for and they started two new shunters recently but not sure if they passed the assessment and interview when I did in early Oct or before.

Rohjam

Hello All I am in the same boat as you all. Does anyone know what will be the final salary once your training is completed?

LukeyP77

Hello All I am in the same boat as you all. Does anyone know what will be the final salary once your training is completed?
I received an email last week saying I will receive more information in the new year, and regarding final salary its around £30,000 after expenditures and bonuses

Rohjam

LukeyP77 Thanks for your feed back, I had a mate of mine confirming roughly the same amount for the final annual salary. I also received that same email. Good luck and hope we all are offered the depot of our choice.

LukeyP77

LukeyP77 Thanks for your feed back, I had a mate of mine confirming roughly the same amount for the final annual salary. I also received that same email. Good luck and hope we all are offered the depot of our choice.
you too what depot you going for?

Snowy

Has anyone heard back from the original GTR 1072 role?
Had an E-mail at the start of December but nothing since.

NewArrival

I'm still waiting for medical haven't herd anything since December!

I'm still waiting for news. Heard nothing since the 'don't call, we'll call you' email before xmas. Beginning to wonder whether or not they actually want / need new staff.

LukeyP77

I'm still waiting for news. Heard nothing since the 'don't call, we'll call you' email before xmas. Beginning to wonder whether or not they actually want / need new staff.

I applied for Peterborough and the depot isn't even open yet think there waiting for the 700's on the great northern route

Rohjam

Hello everyone hope all is well, I have been reading some of your comments and I am starting to wonder if they have for gotten about us. It would be reassuring if they could at least give us an idea of the status or the likely would of being employed anytime in the future. does anyone know or heard anything as of yet?

NewArrival

Hello everyone hope all is well, I have been reading some of your comments and I am starting to wonder if they have for gotten about us. It would be reassuring if they could at least give us an idea of the status or the likely would of being employed anytime in the future. does anyone know or heard anything as of yet?

From other posts on this forum it seems quite common for people who have passed assessments to languish in 'talent pools' for months or even years before an actual vacancy comes up. Still hoping for news sooner rather than later, but who knows?!....

Twedds74

Had my DMI for Battersea yesterday, I felt it went really well, so keeping my fingers crossed!

NewArrival

Anyone got any updates on this? Tried emailing HR a few weeks back and heard nothing. Would love to have even a rough guestimate about when we might be needed.

Twedds74

Well, thought I'd update you on my Stewarts Lane application. Passed Dmi in Feb, then Medical last tuesday, so have a provisional start date in July!
It's been a long road to finally get a drivers position, but at last I'm there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.