• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lab

Sorry great northern
Siraning,
According to an earlier thread, someone said it stays at 32k throughout training period and once qualified ,you get 63k. Thats for GN.
I'll let someone else second this!

Twotwo

Twotwo or anyone who can answer,
Have you done your medicals?
What is the BMI cut off , if there is one?
I was just thinking I always have a higher BMI due to muscle mass I was told by doctor some years back .
Is this checked in the medicals?

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm in the obese category according to my bmi haha and it wasn't even a issue. I think as long as they can see your healthy and able to move easily then it's not a cause for concern . It's just a crap and out of date calculator to measure people's weight lol

Lab

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm in the obese category according to my bmi haha and it wasn't even a issue. I think as long as they can see your healthy and able to move easily then it's not a cause for concern . It's just a crap and out of date calculator to measure people's weight lol
Twotwo, thanks.
I am also obese using the calculator!
I hardly have a tummy!
Thanks for alloying my fears.
Do you know of anyone for August start at Hornsey apart from yourself?

Shin G

Made it through the assessments, awaiting my DMI. What should I expect? Apparently it will be at a depot as opposed to zoom as well!

Azer85448

Hey guys I got a email saying I passed my mmi and I’m in a talent pool waiting for a course date but this has been a few weeks now and I haven’t heard anything. The waiting game is making me anxious lol and no one is responding to my emails
Hi, can I ask when you applied ? Was it Dec 2020. And who for ? Thanks In advance. I applied in feb 2019 and still waiting on my MMI.

Azer85448

Hi Azer,

I applied in Dec 2020 and passed my DMI in April. Now awaiting MMI. Have you sent an email inquiring about it?
Hi Crash,
Yeah I have sent the odd email, and always get a quick response, but still waiting, I applied to Southern, wonder if GN an TL are on different timelines ?

CrashBash

Hi Crash,
Yeah I have sent the odd email, and always get a quick response, but still waiting, I applied to Southern, wonder if GN an TL are on different timelines ?
I have a colleague who applied at TL in 2019. He had his DMI interview 8months ago. Have you had your DMI?

siraning

Hi all, I have my DMI for GN this Thursday. I’ve already passed my MMI with a different TOC. I wonder whether that May speed up things in terms of starting training

soxiez

Does anyone know if you're able to change more than one of your answers for the MMI? I've come up with much stronger answers (imo) compared to what I wrote down on the assessment day now I've had time to think about them. I'm assuming they'd let you change 1, but is it possible to change a few?

Quin79

Does anyone know if you're able to change more than one of your answers for the MMI? I've come up with much stronger answers (imo) compared to what I wrote down on the assessment day now I've had time to think about them. I'm assuming they'd let you change 1, but is it possible to change a few?
You can change as many as you like on the day before the interview. You get asked if you want to.

Vola_c

I wasn't allowed on mine. Had to stick with my original answers. Luckily it wasn't an issue. Hopefully they will with you.