• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GN Boy

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where exactly the depot for Hornsey is?

Have my medical for GTR on 31st and have been informed by Trudy that the next course begins on 6th March.

Nice one mate. The Inner Link at Hornsey had a few drivers move out of it, so perhaps that is why you’ve received a start date so soon.

Luckyflames

I passed mmi and dmi in December 2016 and was put into talent pool with Thameslink. I contacted for updates every couple months for 4 years and was told waiting for course dates. I never had any luck
Wow !! So nothing is guaranteed.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Inner link?

Thank you :)
The worst link at GN in terms of workload.

One traction (717) and usually all stops between Stevenage/Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.

No wonder they get a lot of drivers leaving for other depots.

But congrats. It’s a foot in the door and a way to get your key.

Nishhh

The worst link at GN in terms of workload.

One traction (717) and usually all stops between Stevenage/Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.

No wonder they get a lot of drivers leaving for other depots.

But congrats. It’s a foot in the door and a way to get your key.
Ahhhh I see.

Thank you very much for clarifying that and I look forward to getting that key!

Lilla

Did everyone else get the update about the courses? Is it always the same content? I thought there would be more info

CatBasket42

Is anyone waiting on DMI results for Southern? I had mine yesterday and I really can't judge if I did well. It was a lovely laid back interview and now thinking back, I can't decide if that was a good or bad thing :lol: Oh well, let's see what the next few days bring.

Charchar

I done mine in December and yes it was a pretty relaxed interview, I was notified the following day that I passed it. Don’t over think it too much, well done for getting this far and I’m sure you will be hearing the good news soon.

Luckyflames

I applied in September 2022
You both seem to be accelerating through the process at lighting speed. Congrats. I applied Dec 20. Completed the whole process Feb 22. Awaiting a start date. Which may never happen. After reading posts in here.