• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave999

Mine went like this:

- Applied 1st October
- Invited to assessment day start of December, you do all the tests on the one day and find out there and then if you pass. If you do not pass the morning tests you are told after lunch, and are sent home (it's a bit ruthless!)
- Had my DMI in Feb, told I passed a couple of days later/
- Had my MMI in March, told I passed a week later

You will find that the timescale varies mate, so just take it as it comes, hopefully you'll be fine and have no problems :D

Have you had your medical also?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rhysa85

Nah not yet mate as they are only valid for 6 months (so I've been told) so HR said I'd do it closer to the time I'm offered a course - whenever that is!

Dave999

Interesting, I had mine back in early March but not heard anything since.

dr1323

Medicals last 3 years for those that had a medical it say it on your certificate

Twedds74

Morning all, I got my DMI soon (just had next weeks postponed :( ), I'm just wondered if anyone can confirm if it's for Southern or Thameslink (London Depots) as the job advert isn't clear on this. I have brushed up on my GTR company knowledge, for the hole of GTR. Also anybody who has had a DMI with them already, can you remember what questions were asked. I have had a DMI before with MTR, just wondered if GTR is similar or not, I want to be well prepared and be successful this time!! TIA.

Had anyone else had their DMI postponed?

JohnChuchu

Morning all, I got my DMI soon (just had next weeks postponed :( ), I'm just wondered if anyone can confirm if it's for Southern or Thameslink (London Depots) as the job advert isn't clear on this. I have brushed up on my GTR company knowledge, for the hole of GTR. Also anybody who has had a DMI with them already, can you remember what questions were asked. I have had a DMI before with MTR, just wondered if GTR is similar or not, I want to be well prepared and be successful this time!! TIA.

When was the advert? When and where did you do the assessments?

Twedds74

Advertised mid-december, did my assessments with MTR in April last year and apparently passed with excellent results so GTR tell me

Mowgli

Yes, my DMI interview also cancelled - due to the industrial action I was told. A case of one step forward one step back.

Ashish237

Anybody tell me which are the stages of trainee train driver ? I done my first stage which is screening 18 questions and after that another test which is concentration test . After this test which are the following stages with gwr trainee train driver position. Any advice pls . Thanks in advance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi tweeds I applied for trainee train driver this week . I clear 1 stage which is scrnning questions and I got email to complete concentration test I did it yesterday but can u tell me which are the more stages to come for this position as they didn't mentation in advertisement . Thanks in advance .

Twedds74

Anybody tell me which are the stages of trainee train driver ? I done my first stage which is screening 18 questions and after that another test which is concentration test . After this test which are the following stages with gwr trainee train driver position. Any advice pls . Thanks in advance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi tweeds I applied for trainee train driver this week . I clear 1 stage which is scrnning questions and I got email to complete concentration test I did it yesterday but can u tell me which are the more stages to come for this position as they didn't mentation in advertisement . Thanks in advance .

Hi, I think you'll find this is the thread for GTR!

sergeant

Assessment this month, any tips will be appreciated! Just revising as much as possible up until assessment now.

Anyone know if there are still spaces in the London Depots? That's what I applied for, preferably London Bridge or Norwood Junction

Val3ntine

Morning guys hope you're all well. I have am assesment day approaching with GTR Southern, I was just wondering if there's any one here who's been through the process with them and can detail how the day progresses? What tests do they do and it what order. Also am i right in believing if you pass everything you will have an interview that same afternoon? Is this MMI or DMI?
Thank you

Last edited:

Dave999

All day assessments excluding the MMI, if you pass you will have a DMI at a later date then the MMI. You will be sent through practice material so study that, the most important thing is make sure you understand each assessment and if not then ask until you do. Good luck!

CaseyJones

just applying now although i may have to complete my application tomorrow, its been posted rather late!. It says it doesn't expire for a few days but i can't be too sure!

Greenyeti

Anybody else getting error message "could not find part of the path" when answering the yes/no status questions at the beginning of the application?

mresh91

You are not the first person reporting problems with the site - strange. I have no clue why that is, but you could try another laptop/computer. Or also try clear your browser's data/cache. Not sure if it will work at all, but it might be worth a shot.

CaseyJones

Had the error message pop up when working through the application. Refreshed the paged and it all worked.

Greenyeti

Thanks for the replies, I'd already tried different browsers with no luck. Cleared the cache etc last night and it was still not working when I tried this morning, had another go a few minutes after and all was fine. Application has now been submitted.

Railfan132

I have applied for Trainee Train Driver Metro Depot (August 2016) role last month, Any ideas about how long does it take for them to reply with the outcome?

Thanks,

Yellowcupra

Can I have some opinions on my situation guys.
Applied to all London depots December 2015. Passed all assessments April 2016.Passed DMI May 2016. Passed MMI June 2016. Had medical July 2016 but had to wait 3 months until my laser eye surgery had passed. Informed HR after my 3 months and October 2016 was asked to provide references. 7 weeks later I've heard nothing at all and HR are ignoring me. Guessing no courses would start this late in the year. But it would just be nice to know where I stand. I'm at "offer stage" on the career portal. If I'm in a pool waiting I'm happy with that. But would just like to know. How would you guys view this? Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.