• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guard role at SWR online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJN11

I’m currently in the process of applying for a guard position at Wimbledon and I’m at the online assessment. What would be the best questions to go with (my assumption is where the customer is put first).

another question is are train companies reluctant to hire candidates under 25 as I’ve just been rejected for a CSA role at avanti having being the youngest candidate and them outlining there’s more fitting applicants

any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DMS2019

The SJT online assessment is safety and customer service so you have to make the decision which situation you would rather be in as the multiple choice answers are more or less realistic scenarios that you would encounter while working as a guard.

You are always put first, you need to be safe to make others safe if it makes sense.

Age issue shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck and take your time.

I've waited 7 months from applying to starting. So just do all you have to do and wait patiently (easier said than done)

Status
Not open for further replies.