• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guards assessment OPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pops123

Hello.

sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.
I’m just wondering if you pass the guards assessment with the OPC which consist of
SCAAT
RAAT
TCT

and pass. Is that valid across all TOCs once passed or will you need to take it again for each TOC?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Some TOCs may, most won't - although a pass may count towards a new application if mentioned. It is a minefield of inconsistency across companies for Guard assessments. Some don't even use the OPC tests.

At one TOC, Merseyrail, a candidate was told she failed "everything including the OPC tests" due to being marked down on a manager (structured) interview as it was "part of that assessment"

... although subsequently, OPC was asked to clarify her result, and it was unsurprisingly entered, by Merseyrail onto the OPC system as a very clear, good pass.

Liverpool 507

Hello.

sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.
I’m just wondering if you pass the guards assessment with the OPC which consist of
SCAAT
RAAT
TCT

and pass. Is that valid across all TOCs once passed or will you need to take it again for each TOC?

Thanks

Mandatory for both internal and external candidates at TPE. Those who haven’t done an OPC but are qualified guards must still do one unusually.

andy13

What is average pass mark on the RAAT test? I done the test today, it consisted of 34 questions with 22 minutes to complete it, I only managed to get around 23 questions done so wondered how the scoring works? TIA

Are you sure about two lives for guards? I’m just about to interview for Train Manager for the third time?

AgentGemini

Drivers have two lives but guards don't.

As for inconsistency - agree. One friend applied for another TOC, got told to email the hiring managers directly with their CV and was then boosted to final interview. It seemed a done deal.

westbrom

My son just failed the opc guards tests, said cant do them again for 6 months and only has one try left now, thats from the opc.

Status
Not open for further replies.