• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the *BUS* Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

madannie77

Chingford Station it is.

I took this one just after the East London Line replacement bus service ELX had finished but before the bus had been repainted into standard Capital Citibus yellow.It was working a 179 to Barking.

Ivo

Established Member
This really is GUESS the Bus Station isn't it? :roll:

Whitehaven

I want to post my own picture again - and this time, it'll last more than a couple of guesses! :p

Ivo

Established Member
EDITED

Sorry I practically ruined this one :(

But I think I have it now. Penrith (considering I've been very close to its bus station before now, albeit in a car, I should have had it earlier...)

Ivo

Established Member
The influence of Guess the Bus Station :p

And speaking of influences, this was taken especially for GtBS! (I shan't say when it was taken though, and certainly not where.)

---------------

Nothing?

I shall return later...

Attachments

• An 18th bus station somewhere in Great Britain (S2).jpg
    An 18th bus station somewhere in Great Britain (S2).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

madannie77

A dualogue too - surely it's usually a dialog?

I can't see the word dualogue in my dictionary (Concise Oxford Dictionary, Ninth Edition). I shall stick with the word dialogue (correct English spelling) and its definition of a conversation/discussion between two parties to describe the exchange between myself and Ivo last night.

None of which helps with the fact that I am clueless when it comes to naming the location of Ivo's last photo.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I can't see the word dualogue in my dictionary (Concise Oxford Dictionary, Ninth Edition). I shall stick with the word dialogue (correct English spelling) and its definition of a conversation/discussion between two parties to describe the exchange between myself and Ivo last night.

None of which helps with the fact that I am clueless when it comes to naming the location of Ivo's last photo.

A dialogue is a conversation/discussion between two *or more* people,

e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogue

It is a common misconception that "Dia" means two.

I'm not surprised Dualogue doesn't exist in a concise dictionary as it's a less common word. It is not, however, misspelt (or misspelled if you prefer). It is a dialog between exactly two people.

I'll add a guess to come back to the topic. Fairly random though:

Didcot

madannie77

A dialogue is a conversation/discussion between two *or more* people,

e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogue

It is a common misconception that "Dia" means two.

I'm not surprised Dualogue doesn't exist in a concise dictionary as it's a less common word. It is not, however, misspelt (or misspelled if you prefer). It is a dialog between exactly two people.

I'll add a guess to come back to the topic. Fairly random though:

Didcot

I did not state that dialogue only meant a discussion between two people or parties, I was using it with that particular definition (which is one of several given in the dictionary I used), and I am fully aware of other definitions of the word.

I don't see the word dualogue anywhere at all, not even in the Oxford Dictionary Online, so I shall regard it as a word not to be used by myself.

Still clueless as regards the Bus Station location, though :(

Ivo

Established Member
Calne doesn't have a bus station, whereas Didcot has Mil-something Park (I think) which I've never been to.

In other words, both are incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.